xvi.

chapter sixteen.

Rhea Carlisle and Nadia Petrova entered a diner on their journey to New Orleans. The two women stilled when they smelled the blood that filled the air, sharing a look, they nodded at one another before heading off towards the smell.

Rhea's eyes widened when they spotted a man devouring people in the kitchen, Nadia nodded at her before rushing at the man and snapping his neck. Rhea looked at all the dead bodies and knew that she was going to have to cover this man's trail.

"He looks familiar." Nadia spoke up and Rhea walked over to her. "Why does he look familiar?"

Rhea let out a laugh of disbelief, "Because that's Elijah Mikaelson." Nadia's eyes widened in shock. "I know, the last time I met him, he was calm and collected."

"Maybe something's happened." Nadia suggested. "Do you think he was meeting someone?"

"I don't know." Rhea shrugged. "Maybe."

Nadia stood to her feet and dusted herself off, "I'll put him in the trunk, and you wait."

Rhea nodded and Nadia took Elijah's body out the back door, leaving Rhea to heal whoever was alive and compel everyone in the diner, while Nadia got rid of the bodies, so no one found out about this.

Taking a seat inside, Rhea was nervous. She didn't know who Elijah was meeting with and she only hoped that it was someone that she knew. The last thing she wanted was to try and figure out who he was meeting with each person that walked through the door.

"Can I get you anything?" A woman asked her with a small smile.

Rhea smiled at her, "Maybe just some fries." The woman nodded and left.

Rhea didn't really want food, then again nothing was stomaching for her at the moment. Rhea couldn't keep anything down at the moment due to her all of her nerves, she was riddled with anxiety, and she hated it.

Rhea didn't know how she was waiting for, the sun had soon started to set and now it was nightfall at this point. She was tempted to ditch Elijah's body somewhere and take off when the sound of the door being opened went off and Rhea lifted her head to see none of other than Rebekah Mikaelson

"You've got to be kidding me." She muttered before rising to her feet.

Rebekah spotted her and narrowed her eyes, she knew that she had seen this girl before but couldn't put her finger on where. Rebekah watched as Rhea walked up to her and Rhea gave Rebekah a nervous smile.

"I know that you don't know me, I only know you because of Matthias and before you freak out on me, I kind of killed Elijah because he nearly murdered half of the employee's here whose only crime was their taste in food." Rhea rushed out.

"Wait what?" Rebekah asked while holding Hope's car seat closer to her.

"I'm Rhea Carlisle, nice to finally meet you." Rhea smiled at her, and Rebekah was still confused. "Can we talk?"

Rebekah warily nodded and followed Rhea to her booth, Nadia watched from outside, just in case. "So, you killed my brother, where is he?"

"My friend is keeping him down." Rhea explained. "We were on our way to New Orleans."

"Why?" Rebekah asked, "Actually, how do you know Matthias?"

Rhea's eyes lit up at the mention of Matthias and Rebekah noticed this. "We're friends, he was with me while you all were helping Klaus with a pregnant Hayley. He was helping me try to find a way to save a friend of mine."

"So, you fancy my brother." Rebekah stated. "And now you're looking for his affection."

"No." Rhea shook her head, "I'm looking for Matthias because I'm pregnant with his child."