liv.

chapter fifty-four.

nine years later!

Matthias was only wishful thinking and sometimes he wanted to slap himself for not knocking on wood.

Hope was now 16 and the twins were 14.

Things were silent for nine years until one day, Hayley went missing.

"What do you mean that Hayley is missing?" Rhea asked in a panic as she walked into the compound. "I talked to her last night!"

Klaus entered the courtyard and ended their call. "I did as well! Aurora went to ger her for breakfast and when she arrived at her bedroom, she saw that it was empty."

Matthias then walked into the courtyard, his two kids in tow. Klaus took a moment to look at them, they both definitely got Matthias' features, but they had their mother's as well which was such a sight to see for him, the fact that they both had kids and were able to see this, to live this, was amazing to him and surreal.

Malik Mikaelson had green eyes which came from Matthias' hazel-colored eyes. His dark brown locks he inherited from his mother were left haphazardly on the top of his head as he had made no attempt to tame the wild mess before coming over.

 His dark brown locks he inherited from his mother were left haphazardly on the top of his head as he had made no attempt to tame the wild mess before coming over

Rina Mikaelson had brown eyes, much like her mother with her light brown hair that held the same curly texture that her older twin brothers held.

"Aunt Hayley went missing?" The two asked simultaneously.

"Rhea damn near left us all behind the minute you called." Matthias said with a fake sigh before becoming serious. "No but serious, where the hell would she go without saying anything?"

Things between Klaus and Hayley were finally okay again, Hayley was dating again, and their relationship was going well. For her to run off with no notice wasn't like her, she always made sure that Hope or Klaus knew where she was just in case something happened, and they needed to reach her, and she didn't answer her phone.

"I believe that I have an answer for that." Aurora spoke up as she held up Hayley's phone. "Why did Hope text her about needing help at the Strix Mansion last night?"