xxxviii.

Matthias' outfit is above!

chapter thirty-eight.

Rhea sat in the apartment with Katherine and Kai.

"So, you got out, got your revenge and came for me?" Rhea asked Kai after he explained what had happened in Mystic Falls properly.

Kai nodded his head, "I promised you that I would find you." He told her. "We're best friends and I would get bored without you."

Rhea laughed and shook her head, "I can't believe you're really here."

"Well believe it." Kai smiled at her before looking to Katherine. "You know you look a lot like Elena."

"She looks like me." Katherine corrected him. "I was born first."

Kai held up his hands in surrender. "Would you be upset or happy if I told you that I cursed her into a coma?"

Katherine's face lit up at that, "I would be overjoyed to learn that she got what she deserved." Suddenly, Katherine's phone began to ring, and she narrowed her eyes at the sight of Rebekah's name. "Good god." She answered the phone and put it on speaker phone. "What do you want?"

"Nik and Matty are gone." She rushed out. "I don't know where they've gone."

"And that's my problem how?" Katherine asked her. "You and Elijah deserve whatever punishment that you get."

"Katerina, please." Rebekah sighed. "I would call Cami, but Klaus appears to no longer care for her according to Elijah. You're Matthias' best friend, surely you could calm him."

"No." Katherine told her. "I will not, and I can assure you that I would sooner help him than help you." With that Katherine hung up the phone and sighed. "How dare she."

"Glad to know that I still have my best friend." Matthias' voice spoke up and they all snapped their heads in his direction.

"Matthias." Rhea breathed as she walked towards him and pulled him into a hug. "Thank god."

Matthias hugged her back but remained emotionless. "I've come to ask you for help Kat."

Katherine tilted her head as she looked at him. "You're emotions are off." Rhea pulled away from Matthias and looked at him, his eyes were dull, and his tone was emotionless. "Why?"

Matthias tilted his head and looked at Katherine, while she was happy to see him, he could see that her eyes were dull. There was no life in her eyes, and he was livid, he was livid that Elijah was the one to push her to this state, a state that she's never been in before. He wanted blood, he was itching to sink his fangs into something and with the sight of his best friend looking so done with everything, he couldn't wait for everything to play out as planned.

"For the same reason, you did." Matthias said and Rhea looked between the two with a frown. "Elijah hurt Klaus, Hayley betrayed my trust alongside Davina, so I will do what I need to do." Matthias told her before he looked down at Rhea and smiled at her. "Don't worry, I'll turn it back on after I've finished with them." He then looked up towards Kai. "And we can properly meet later, can I ask of you to protect Rhea in my absence?"

Kai nodded his head, "Sure, I'm not going anywhere."

Matthias nodded his head and gave Rhea a kiss on the forehead before holding out a hand towards Katherine. The vampire took his hand and in an instant the two were gone and while Rhea was worried, she knew that Matthias would come back to her.

⨳ ⨳ ⨳

Matthias and Katherine arrived at the compound just in time for Klaus to tackle Elijah to the ground.