xlvi.

chapter forty-six.

"Tristian!"

Klaus' voice boomed throughout the estate, Tristian was locked in his office as he knew his time was coming and running was futile. He was just glad that Aurora was far from here and safe, or so he thought.

Klaus ripped out another heart from a vampire, blood now covering his entire body as the vampires seemed almost never ending.

"You came alone and unprepared." Aya, Elijah's old fling laughed from the second floor. "You are outnumbered Niklaus."

Klaus smirked and Aya frowned before her eyes widened when Kai suddenly appeared into the room with his hands outstretched and chanting, prompting every vampire in the room to drop to their knees in pain from his spell.

"I wouldn't say I'm alone darling, but this could all end quickly." Klaus told her as Kai maintained his spell. "Where is Katerina?"

Aya frowned at this, she thought that Klaus and Matthias were the ones to save Katherine but apparently not. Aya internally smirked at this, believing that she could use this to her advantage. "And why would I tell you that?"

"Look sweetheart, I'm not in the mood to be all bloody like Nik but you're really testing my patience here." Kai spoke up after snapping the vampire's necks. "Tell me where she is before I cut out your spleen and give it to Matthias as a present."

Klaus looked at Kai oddly, "You have a thing for spleens."

Kai shrugged, "Not the first one that I cut out and it definitely won't be the last." He winked and Klaus chuckled.

"Enough games Aya." Klaus glared at her. "The girl."

Before Aya could speak, Rhea was suddenly behind her and snapped her neck. Klaus and Kai looked at the six-month pregnant heretic with wide eyes as she grinned at them from her spot.

"Hiya boys." She greeted them before tossing Aya's body over the railing and onto the floor below. "Katherine isn't here but there was a note left behind for Elijah." Klaus frowned as Rhea walked over to them with the note in hand. "Roses are red, violets are blue, I hold the one you love for taking me from mine. Come find me before it's too late." Rhea read. "Who the fuck is A?"

Klaus felt his eyes widen and his heart skip a beat slightly. "There could only be one, Aurora de Martel."

"The girl from like eons ago?" Rhea asked. "I remember Matthias mentioning that you had fallen in love again when you guys were hiding and passing off as nobles."

Klaus nodded his head and frowned, "She left me though, telling me that she could never love someone like me and in turn broke my heart. Why would she write that?"

"Maybe Elijah would know." Rhea told him and Klaus nodded his head with a sigh. "Come, lets go back to the compound."

The three left but that didn't mean that they wouldn't be back, no they would return, and it would be war.

Vincent was nervous as he walked into the compound with a racing heart.

Once Elijah had awoken and the three headed back to New Orleans, Vincent wanted nothing to do with the two. Seeing Elijah kill Marcel was all Vincent needed to know that Elijah couldn't think before acting.

Vincent gasped when he was suddenly being held against the wall, Nadia's hand wrapped around his throat. "Wait, wait!" He pleaded. "I didn't come here to fight; I had no choice!"