xxvii.

chapter twenty-seven.

Matthias released Kol once inside the Claire tomb.

Kol gave Matthias a small smile before the tears started to well up in his eyes. "I'm going to die, aren't I?"

Matthias shook his head and pulled Kol into a hug. "I will find a way to save you."

Kol sniffled and nodded his head. "I don't want to die again."

Dying once was enough trauma for Kol and to have to go through it again, now that wasn't something he was ready for. He barely managed the first time, having to see Matthias mourn him and how he coped away with Rhea before his mother found him and offered him a deal.

"I have a confession." Matthias spoke up and Kol looked at him curiously. "I healed your body." He confessed and Kol's eyes widened. "It was no easy feat repairing an original body that's been killed, but with a lot of magic and killing myself over and over, I did it."

"So, if I die?" He wondered.

"You'd awaken back in your originally body." Matthias told him with a nod. "Though, I don't know if this spell allows that."

"It's better than dying." Kol told him softly. "I should also confess that I've been creating a dagger with Davina that would work on Klaus."

Matthias' eyes widened, he would feel the effects of that dagger, but he didn't think that Kol knew that. "Have you completed it?"

Kol opened his mouth to speak when his nose started to bleed, and Matthias' eyes widened as he wiped away the blood. Matthias reached over to check on the curse mark when Kol's phone started to ring and the two shared a look as he pulled it out to show that Finn was calling.

Kol nodded at Matthias being answering the phone. "Are you calling to gloat, you venomous, venomous animal?!" He asked venomously.

"There's no need for such language!" Finn said humorously. "I'm calling with a proposition that might motivate me to spare your life." He then said seriously.

Kol and Matthias looked at one another and Matthias nodded at him. "You've got my interest." Kol told him.

"I need you to draw some of Klaus' blood. Bring me some in an hour, and I'll heal you." Finn told him.

Kol looked over at Matthias and Matthias nodded his head at him, telling him that they'd go get it. Kol then glanced at the item behind his brother before replying. "It would be my pleasure." He hung up the phone and looked at Matthias, "Are you sure about this?"

Matthias shrugged with a smirk on his face. "I think a little violence is what Klaus needs to get his head out of his ass."

"Finn is lying though." Kol told him softly. "I know that I've been hexed."

Matthias sighed, "Well look at this way, we can go gang up on Klaus then go find Finn so we can remove that damn curse, no matter how long it takes."

Kol nodded his head, "Good plan."

With a chuckle, Matthias grabbed Kol before heading back to the compound to get a little revenge of their own against Klaus. The two appeared outside the compound and Matthias nodded at Kol, he was going to let his little brother have his fun.

"But you need to remain calm." Rebekah told Klaus.

Kol and Matthias then walked in. "Rebekah, when will you learn that Klaus has never been calm." Matthias spoke causing them to turn towards them.

Kol then threw powder at Rebekah, causing her to fall unconscious before he held out a hand towards Klaus who tried to run at them. Klaus started to cough up blood and it fell to the floor in a puddle making Matthias smirk as Kol held his hand, channeling him.

Klaus growled out in pain as he glared at Kol, but Kol was unaffected. "Oh, you're angry, are you? Well, join the party, I've been here a thousand years!" Kol shouted at him, and Klaus attempted to lung for Kol, but Kol easily had him on his knees. "You know, Matthias has always been the better brother." Kol told him angrily. "Because even he knows that I'm not the bad guy in this chapter of our family's story! I'm the wronged! I'm the dead, but never mourned, unless you got everything that you wanted. I got a family who didn't care if I lived or if I died!" Kol spat at him. "All except for Matthias and Finn!"

"Oh, shut up!" Klaus snapped at Kol before rushing to attack him.

Only Matthias then punched Klaus in the face, sending him flying across the room. "Oh, I've been want to do that since you daggered Finn." Matthias confessed. "You know, we all suffered, we've all been wronged but none more than Kol and Finn and by your hands nonetheless."

Klaus was enraged at this point, his two brothers going against him when he needed them most. However, a part of him knew that it was his own fault, he was the cause of his own destruction, but he was so full of anger that he refused to see it right now.

"You're both going against me, your own brother?" Klaus laughed humorlessly. "This is new."

"Brother?" Kol scoffed. "You've only ever daggered me, you've never acted like a brother! That was all Matthias."

"I've daggered all of you! Each for your own good!" Klaus snapped at him. "If you don't agree with my motives, fine. I never claimed to be the bastion of temperance! But stop this drivel about being singled out and unloved."

"I am unloved!" Kol shouted at him. "Matthias loved me, he was the only one who cared to try and help me when I wasn't in control of the bloodlust! Matthias was the one who was there for me after you daggered me! Matthias has been the only one to love me unconditionally and with his love came Finn's! They love me when you lot never could!"

"You only ever let Matthias in!" Klaus shot back at him. "No one was ever going to compare to Matthias!"

"Because he didn't pick favorites!" Kol shouted and Klaus felt his heart clench at that. "Rebekah and Elijah will always choose you, who cares about me, Finn, or Matthias. They'll pretend to care about Matthias because he is your twin and if you die, they lose him but at least Matthias didn't pick favorites and throw the rest of us to the side like we were nothing!"

At this point, Kol was seething with rage as tears fell from his eyes. Matthias was letting Kol let it out, Kol deserved that much if he was going die at the hands of a cursed brother.

"I think, I'm done now Matty." Kol told him softly and with a flick of Matthias' wrist, Klaus dropped to the floor with a snapped neck.

"Come on, let's go save Finn."

yes, Matthias did repair Kol's body in secret since learning he was in Kaleb's body. not something I showed because I wasn't sure where to input that in since he's always doing something. I don't think its possible for Matthias to actually repair his body but for my fic, he's able to.

but will they put Kol back in his body? maybe... maybe not... you'll see!

so, that is something that I've added to change the course of the plot a bit. a lot is changing and I'm excited!

- m a r i e