liii.

chapter fifty-three.

five years later!

A lot has changed since the birth of Malik and Rina Mikaelson, both were so much like their parents yet so uniquely different and intelligent.

A lot has changed in New Orleans as well.

For example, Kol Mikaelson was now in his original body. He and Davina broke up a little after the death of Elijah and Freya. The two had a conversation and Kol had to admit that it was a bit weird to be dating her when technically she is his niece. Davina felt the same way, so it was a mutual break up and the two agreed to be friends.

Matthias helped with the spell, with finding Kaleb's lost soul and returning it to its rightful body while placing Kol back in his original one. It was a bit odd for Kol to be a vampire again, but with the help of Matthias, he was able to help Kol learn control once again before Kol left New Orleans to venture around a bit.

Davina was helping Kaleb get back into the flow of being in control of himself again, when Kol died the first time, Kaleb's soul should've been lost but Matthias with the help of Vincent, they were able to find it and bring it back. Davina felt responsible for helping him seeing as she was dating the person who was possessing his body.

Vincent, with the help of Klaus and Matthias, opened up a school for the kids of New Orleans. New Orleans Academy was created because Vincent didn't know the headmaster of the Salvatore Boarding House, he didn't trust that the kids of his community and home city were going to be safe there. It also helped with having the kids close instead of five hours away.

When Matthias and Klaus heard about his idea, they were more than willing to help. They didn't like Alaric all that much since his attempt to kill Klaus before going for the rest of the Mikaelson family, so this was the better option for them.

The school was still under construction but that was due to Vincent having the dorm section of the school built after making sure it was able to handle classes being held. It was located where the old Mikaelson Plantation once stood, it now took up a good majority of the land and it was the pride and joy for Vincent to have created this with the Mikaelson twins.

Hope was now seven years old, and she had her father's love for art. She excelled at it when she wasn't practicing honing her magic.

Malik and Rina were now five and they loved magic. They were like their parents in that aspect, but they did have their personal favorite hobbies. Rina enjoyed art much to Klaus' amusement, but she wasn't as in love with it as Hope was. Funnily enough, both Rina and Malik enjoyed reading over Matthias' collection of grimoires on their free time when they weren't with Hope.

Hope, Malik, and Rina were known as the Mikaelson Trio. Despite Hope being two years older than the twins, it was clear that they were highly intelligent for their age. The twins were placed in a higher grade but that was due to their intelligence and how much they excelled with their touch in magic.

For five years, there as a sense of normalcy in the Mikaelson's life again.

Then again, all good things must come to an end.

"I'm sorry, what?"

Matthias, Rhea, Klaus, and Hayley all sat in a room together with Vincent. They could hear the chatter and laughter of the students outside, but right now they were in a meeting with Vincent.

"It's called the Hollow, something I thought was long gone." Vincent explained with a sigh.

"What does it want?" Matthias asked him. "Why does this involve us?"