Chapter Thirty-Two

Chapter Thirty-Two~

Rosaline's POV:

All at once, I found myself speed walking, and when the breathing continued -but even closer than before, I begun running with Addison close behind, our hands clinging onto each other for dear life.

"I swear if we make it out alive, I'll get a tattoo." I said between pants, on the verge of tears. I was only throwing anxious thoughts out there. "And you can pick it."

My heart was pounding against my rib cage, with every hitched breath I took.

For some reason, Addison was now pulling me along.

So what? Maybe I ran horribly slow, that it was ridiculous.

The ground was just dirt, twigs, and sticks... Maybe even bugs.

I couldn't hear the nose anymore, but I still continued to run.

At one point we had to jump over a log.

I jumped first, and being the girly girl she was, Addison didn't jump, she simply climbed over, trying not to get dirty.

My socks were drenched, and I knew not why.

It was a coincidence how there appeared to be lightning and thunder out of no where. It fit the scene

so perfectly, but there was no rain.

"If we live, I'll get a piercing." I said aloud another idea to encourage her to move faster, in effect of her slowing down. She was out of breath, as was I; but I wanted to keep running.

"My... Foot..." Addison shook her head vigorously, and collapsed into the dirt, breathing deeply. "I don't care if we die."

Her make up was running. I couldn't imagine what I looked like.

She pulled her sock off, holding her foot up in the air to me.

It was bloody, like she stepped on glass.

I gasped, and whipped my head around to the noise the dirt crunching a few feet away.

There was a figure, running our way, but I couldn't see what it was, or who, because of the fog.

I dropped next to Addison, and hugged her, as she buried her head in my neck. I squeezed my eyes shut.

This wouldn't of been happening if I'd refused her offer, and joined the boys. Not that I really had an option. Addison was gonna still make me stay behind.

Next time we explore INSIDE the yard. That's If there is a next time.

Never listen to the blonde hearted person.

We were waiting to be killed, as the footsteps came closer, it was now apathetic to Addison and I.

As long as we'd die in the presence of one another.

The footsteps were now unhurriedly pacing.

A clicking sound appeared, then there was no noise anymore except for thunder.

Although we'd stop running, we were out of breath because what was happening, and where it took place.

I looked down at the ground and front of us, and there was a huge pair of brown boots.

Then I looked up to see a gun pointed between us. One of those long hunting rifle guns.

I squeezed Addison tight, and leant further back into the tree bark. She hadn't look up to see what was going on, but maybe it was best if she didn't.