Chapter Eighteen

Rosaline's POV:

"Rose... Now, how is that possible?" Harry asked, as he dried the dishes that I washed.

From the corner of my eye, I could see his perplexed expression. I didn't want to pay much attention to him, but the way he kept bugging, and talking non-stop left me with no choice.

I sighed a long sigh, "How is what possible, Harry?"

"You're around my age. Yet, you were in the same year as Niall with the same teachers? I mean, I'm only five months younger than him, but we were technically born on different years which is why I would have ended up a year below Niall, but how did you manage to be in the same one as him?"

First off, Niall was in the same class as me, I wasn't in the same class as Niall, but I decided not to mention so.

I turned half way facing him, to see his focus had slipped a bit from me. He was leant against the counter, looking at his reflection in the plate's wet surface.

I shrugged. "I had an above average brain?" I was fibbing, it was Maura, Niall's mom who had enrolled Niall in school late so we would graduate together. I was about eight months younger than Niall, not quite a year, but like Harry, they landed on different years.

"Ahhh..." He nodded as he begin picking breakfast from his teeth with his nails.

That's beyond disgusting.

Since his attention on me had slowly faded onto his reflection, I dried my hands, and tried to make an escape before he could ask more idiotic questions.

"So what was wrong this morning?"

Just as I was about to walk out. Apparently, I spoke too soon.

I turned back to him slowly. He put the ceramic plate down, and looked at me curious.

"God, you ask a lot of questions!" I groaned.

He smiled, shrugging.

I figured it would be a long time, so I sat on the wooden stool by the end of the counter.

"Just tired," I lied. "What's up with you and Addison?"

"Well," he paused. "I actually don't know."

I just stared at him. I wasn't sure what to say, nor what would be said next.

Then I could see his phone light up through his pants. He jumped in fright, making me smile slightly.

"Hi, Mum," Harry said looking at me, as he answered his phone.

I rolled my eyes.

"Yes, Mum," Harry sighed, looking out the kitchen's window, then back to me.

My impatient stare was probably blatant.

He stuck one finger up at me that signaled for me to wait.

I nodded, and he walked out of the kitchen, running his hands through his curls.

I was kind of happy at his mother's timing, because for one, I didn't want to converse anymore, and it was getting awkward anyway.

I took my phone out, scrolling through my text messages, replying to some, ignoring others.

"Hey."

Addison was stood in front of the open refrigerator, sending an apologetic look in my direction.

She doesn't even live here, and she's going through the refrigerator. Not that I didn't look through the refrigerator myself. But I live here now, so it doesn't matter. Not officially... But technically. So, that should count at least.

"I get it. You have the right to go in and out of the fridge, I don't... but you shouldn't think aloud." She shrugged, taking a sip of orange juice. "Especially if it's suppose to be a secret. Like, you living here soon."

I opened my mouth, but no words came out. She arched an eyebrow.

When I wasn't suppose to, I spoke. Yet when I needed to, I didn't.

"Exactly," she said with a knife cutting look, then walked out, nonchalant.

It was like another kick in the gut. Your best friend being mad at you. As well as you being mad at her. But we'll make up sooner or later, so I might as well let it go.

I just looked down at my socks in defeat. Observing every single colorful thread that criss-crossed with every pattern.

Just like putting on socks, getting yourself in a predicament isn't difficult at all. Getting yourself out of the mess was the hard part.

From my peripheral, my phone lit up from the counter top. Instead of looking at the phone, I looked up at the crème colored walls straight ahead.

No matter how hard I tried, my mind kept racing back to Addi. I didn't want to be mad at her, it just... happened.

"Boo!"

From behind, I felt two cold hands go under my shirt, clutching my waist. Fingers then danced across my waist towards my stomach.

I laughed historically, pleading for it to end.

Being tickled was like pain, especially if the person knows your weak spot. What can I say? I'm ticklish. Just one finger on my neck, and I'll be rolling in laughter.

When the person obeyed and removed their maneuvering hands from under my top, I turned around.

"You scared me! And that tickled!" I said panting with my hand across my chest.

"Not my fault!" Sophia exclaimed, throwing her hands in the air. She twirled her hand in a loose curl that dangled by her hips, acting all innocent.

"You shall not do that again," I said, trying to sound sophisticated to a toddler.

But of course she would use my smartness as hers.

"And you shall buy me some candy, or I not your friend," she crossed her arms, tapping one foot.

"But I'll never be your friend! I'm your sister," I faux pouted.

"I not your sister no more."

I just stared at her. Something seemed out of place. Then she noticed me eyeing her.

"Like my clothes?" she batted her eyelashes, then twirled in her new dress.

Something told me that when Niall bought me clothes, Louis tagged along, and got Sophia some too. She was like a little sister to him. In just a few days, they were like SpongeBob and Patrick. Or rather, Angelica from The Rugrats with her toy doll Cynthia.

Then it occurred to me, I hadn't seen Sophia in nearly two days! And I only have two days left with her. I've been so hooked on Niall, I've forgotten my own sister... Not even her named crossed my mind once.

"Why aren't you listening to me, Peasant?" She whined, hitting me in my knee. It didn't hurt, neither did it feel very good.

I noticed, she also got sassier over the last few days.

Normally, I would have been mad at her for hitting me, but I wasn't.

I jumped outta my seat, and crouched down, picking her up.

"I missed you, I missed you, I missed you!" I repeated, spinning her around in circles in my arms.

She didn't seem to miss me back. "But I'm right here!"

She looked at me like I was an alien who'd just landed from Mars.