Chapter Four

Niall's POV:

I grasped both of her hands in mine, "Rosaline Marie Kendall... I know I haven't seen you in two years, or kept in contact, but I'm really sorry. I chickened out, only because I was hoping you'd call me first. But that never happened." She was still blind folded. I took a deep breath... We couldn't text because Rosaline had a phone that couldn't text, so voice call was the only way to really instantly contact. But if we both would have been able to text, we'd have probably never lost contact.

She tensed while stammering, "Niall... What are you doing?'

Did she think I was going to ask her to marry me? For god's sake, I'm eighteen. Like I said before, not all blondes are stupid.

In all honesty, it wouldn't be stupid to marry Rosaline or even ask her, but I would atleast asked her to be my girlfriend first. I don't think she even sees me that way. I smiled to myself at her stubbornest. It didn't matter really how she saw me, as long as she noticed me.

"Rosaline, I'm not proposing."

She relaxed and blush crept onto her face, the contours of her features looking embarrassed. I touched her cheek with the back of my hand, only because my palms were sweaty, then I continued...

"I just wanted to let you know that I never forgot... You were my first thought in the morning when I woke up and my last thought at the end of each and every day before I'd gone to sleep since I left."

I slowly removed the blind fold. I could see tears gathering at the brim of her eyes that currently looked more grey than green. Everything was kind of sudden and abrupt.

I cupped her face and she put her hand on the on the side of my neck. We leaned in... and right before our lips touched, there was an intruder.

"SUPERMAN!" It was Louis who sang the hero's name in the tone that George of The Jungle would yell. They both really are savages if you ask me for my honest opinion.

The oldest of us boys is really the most childish and immature.

-

Rosaline's POV:

We leaned in... and before our lips latched, we jump away from the sound of a loud faint playful shout.

Niall blushed... "Oh, hi, Louis... Er, this is Ros-"

"HI, ROSALINE! Our Nialler here has told us so much about you!" he interupted, and jumped into my lap, causing me to laugh at his childish personality. The boy was wearing a blue striped, white shirt, with red trousers that he rolled up over his ankles, and TOMS the shoes.

"I'm Louis!"

"The Sass Masta from Doncasta!" Niall added while I giggled. Louis just snorted at the addition to his name in disbelief because it must have been a secret nickname that Niall had just embarrassed him with for using it.

"And Nialler here was just about to kiss you, huh?" He winked, as though getting back at Niall. I loved how he was using the nickname for him that I'd given him as a kid.

I ignored his question while noticing that there are three other blokes standing there.

"I'm Zayn Malik," the dark haired boy with the quiff hairstyle said with a shy kind of confident smile. "The Bradford Bad Boy," Louis added, earning himself a punch in the shoulder from Zayn.

"Liam Payne," said the boy with the shaggy brown hair and warm smile, approaching me with his hand out. I gladly shook his hand.

An emerald green eyed, curly headed brunette, with amazing dimples waved to me simply saying his name: "Harry Styles..."

It's funny. These five guys are all that girls of all ages ever talk about, nowadays. But they don't seem like much but a group of normal people.

Of course, I'd already known their names, and I recognized their faces; but I couldn't quite match faces with names until now.

I'm not really a fan of them. I mean, they're cute, and my best friend is apart of this band, but I've never heard their music, except that one song, You're Beautiful or something along those lines. I'd always refuse to listen to their music, because it would remind me of Niall, and I missed him a lot; but you can't always escape it if they're literally plastered every where.

I looked at Harry the longest because I was daydreaming, but it was interpreted the wrong way.

"HE'S MINE," Louis whimpered, attacking Harry into a bear hug... I just laughed.

"So what brings you here?" Liam pitched in, ignoring the two boys joking affectionate hug.

"Erm... Well..." I hesitated. What was I suppose to say?

"MAKEOUT SESSION WITH HER BOYFRIEND NIALLER!" Louis teased, earning another punch, but this time from a blushing Niall. If Louis was always yelling, why was nobody yet dead?

"Shut up, I haven't seen her in a long time, and I thought I'd show her the arena where we'd be performing tonight, plus, we're only friends," Niall stated taking my hand, and pulling me towards the grand piano in the middle of the stage. Leaving the boys with awestruck expressions as they left us alone.

"Play for me, like you use to do," he whispered to me, his breath tickling my neck.

It's pretty crazy how one boy can make your day better with just one smile. One touch. One word. I looked up from the piano keys, to meet his mesmerizing eyes.

"I stopped playing, but how about you sing to me, like the olden days, or play your strings for me," I said.

I was convinced that my whole world fell apart when Niall left. I use to only play the piano for Niall or when I was bored, then one day, Niall left Ireland, to go audition for some talent show thingy. I just didn't know what to do. The piano wasn't an option, because it reminded me of Niall too much. Not that I wasn't happy for him... Because I was.

Niall's face looked shocked. He stared at me in disbelief, "Wait. Did I hear you correctly?"

I nodded.

"...B-but why?" he stammered. I know I couldn't tell him the truth because that would make him feel guilty, but technically it wasn't his fault. It was my decision.

I looked down at my hands, not sure what to say.

Niall put his fingers under my chin, forcing me to look at him, "Why Rose?" Now he looked hurt.

-

Please vote & comment. x love you all.