Chapter Fifty-Two

Chapter Fifty-Two~

Niall's POV:

"Make use of time, don't let it slip through your fingers like water."

That's word for word, exactly what I had heard Rosaline's Great Aunt say at the podium the day of her Grandma's funeral. I don't exactly know why I memorized that small quote. It could be because she said it through tears which meant it had meaning to her, or it could be the fact that that was all she had said... Between sniffling, coughing, and sobbing, of course... She'd only let out 13 words, yet she stood at that podium for at least 10 minutes.

I remember my patience was running low as she had lonnnnng pauses between the quote. But when all 13 words were let out, it begin to hold some ironic meaning to me. I remember Rosaline's hand had squeezed mine momentarily when the last word of the quote was said.

Now I know why...

Here we were... At the Airport. One step away from tour. Once we got off the plane, then we'd aboard our bus, and begin our so very long journey. Approximately 5months. The boy's and I would be going back home to our families in December, but spent Thanksgiving with on tour.

We'd get off days here and there, but not enough to fly out to see anyone; just enough to take a tour around the city, lounge, or meet and greets...

The sacrifices we do for our career and fans are virtuous.

This is it.

I had wasted the whole 11days beating myself up, debating, and bickering just to call her. I didn't. I let the time slip through my fingers like water.

It was only a matter of time.

As usual, fans bombarded the airport to see us, but this time since fans were notified by management that we were flying out to American this morning through Twitter, and it was the weekend which meant they wouldn't be ditching classes... It was 10 times as much fans. They could fill 4 arenas probably... It was scary as the pushed up against each other against the glass walls, and windows, not only because I was claustrophobic and couldn't imagine being out there, but because I was worried about their safety.

Louis waved at one section of girls, making their screaming increase by a million. Liam tweeted about how the girls, and maybe a few guys here there, needed to be careful outside the airport. Zayn slept across the airport bench; how could you possibly sleep with that much of a racket? Harry sat next to Zayn, fidgeting and shuffling through a duffel bag.

And me? Well... I held a book in my hand. My index was placed inside the middle of the book to save the random page. I hate reading unless it were signs, tweets, texts, ect... Other than likewise, I resented books... But I read every now and then, only to give books a try. I can never focus, the words go through one ear and out the other. But Rosaline read novels like this...

My eyes searched over the sea of fans, looking for that one particular person. The piercing green eyes that demanded for attention, those long ringlets that moved even when she sat still. If a million and one people weren't watching me, a tear would have slid down my cheek.

5 whole months it would be, and not a single goodbye at all.

I would hope for her to walk through those doors, but that was far from possible right about now.

Maybe she had text me and I just hadn't noticed?

A text would be good. But a hug was a thousand times better. Goodbyes are always the hardest, maybe there was a good reason behind ignorance towards me.

Harry had said goodbye to Addison last night because they couldn't bare doing it in public, apparently, and because she was going to see Rose this morning.