Chapter Thirty-Four

Chapter Thirty-Four~

Rosaline's POV:

I leant in the doorway, as the doctor sat on the bed next to Niall's half asleep body. A thermometer sticking out of his mouth.

Everyone was just as worried as I was, but I'd say Liam was the most worried one after me.

Everyone stood around the bed, but I kept my distance just incase I'd began crying or what have you.

He was going to be okay though, I just knew it.

The doctor did all kinds of things to observe Niall, and see what the problem was.

He pulled the thermometer out of Niall's mouth, sighing in relief.

"Thank god it isn't meningitis." I didn't know what that was, and I was pretty sure no one else in the room knew what it was either, but I just bared with him. "Niall here, has got influenza."

"Infa-whata-what?"

It just had to be Addison to ask.

The doctor sighed, putting his trinkets away in his bag, then looked at Addison like she was remedial, which was true in a way.

"He has the flu. It'll go away in about 7-10 days at the most, and 2-3 days at the least. There is no way to treat it, he just needs a lot of water, tea, or juice."

He stood up walking to the door, where I was stood.

Liam followed the doctor, and everyone's eyes followed them.

"It's common around winter and fall. Unless you've been to a different country, and has caught it, because it is very contagious. If he has a sore throat, watery eyes, muscle aches, sneezing, coughing, runny nose, and or sleepiness, it's okay, it's all symptoms." That was hard to remember, but as long as it was nothing deadly.

He apparently brought it back from New Zealand.

Liam was handed a surgical mask for Niall to wear.

"Aren't we suppose to wear them?" He asked.

I stepped aside for them to walk through the door, and they continued their conversation out in the hallway.

"The person with the flu should wear it, rather than the people trying to prevent it, because there are other ways for the bacteria to enter the body."

I turned towards Niall, bored by their medical conversation, as Liam walked the doctor to the door.

Addison, Zayn, Harry, and Louis got up to get out the room. Louis and Zayn exaggerated as they exited, leaning against the wall, moving like spies, really trying to avoid germs. Harry carried Addison because of her messed up foot.

Even after knowing Niall was contagious, I went and sat in bed next to him.

He wheezed in his sleep, and I didn't flinch. So what if he had germs? Didn't matter to me at all.

I kissed his burning forehead, then he groaned putting his hand over his chest. What was I suppose to do? There was no medicine, and it couldn't be cured.

Liam strolled in minutes later, holding the mask. He gave me a disapproving look, "You know you can't be around Niall."

I shrugged, running a hand over Niall's cheek. "So...?"

"Rosaline." He was like a freaking father, with the stern voice and all.

And I was going to be the whining teen. "But Liam... I love him. You wouldn't want to be away from your girlfriend. Would you?"