Chapter One

Please follow me, guys! I would appreciate it.

-

Rosaline Kendall's Point of View:

It was a warm June afternoon. I smile to myself, as I admire kids playing on the swing set, as I use to do with my bestfriend when I was little. Now, I'm seventeen and I still feel the urge to swing on the swings.

Not caring who was watching, I dragged myself over towards the acrobats.

As the sun went down slowly, I swung myself, back and forth quietly, feeling the wind blow through my hair, intaking the the beautiful sight, and the scent of wet tree bark.

Suddenly, when I least expected it, my phone began blaring my favorite song, Want U Back by Cher Lloyd.

Way to ruin a peaceful moment Mum, I thought. It scared the living out of me!

"Yes, Mumsie?" I bitterly, yet innocently sighed, dragging on my words when answering my phone.

"Rosie, be a dear... Go pick up some cheese on your way home, would you?"

"Sure thing. Anything else you need?" I responded, rolling my eyes at my mother's request.

"Er, no. That's it," she simply says, throwing in a quick I love you too. Before I could even respond, the call ended.

On my way to the store, I realized that I'd been walking for quite a while, because the pinkish, orange, and yellow looking sky, and faded clouds, had turned into a deep purple, and royal blue color, with stars scattered around here and there. When I arrived to the store, it was 7:03 PM exactly.

While looking for the dairy section in the local grocery store close to home, I walked slowly past the magazines, when I came to an abrupt stop. I couldn't help but notice those familiar bright blue eyes on a magazine. I could noticed them from anywhere. I felt tears threaten to spill over the verge of my eyes, but reluctantly pulled myself together.

Remembering what I came here for, I continued searching for down the aisle, trying to forget about the beautiful blonde boy whom I use to call my bestfriend, the one I could trust my life with, the one I spent endless summers with doing mischievous things, the one who kept all of my secrets. My Nialler...

I immediately started to shake him from my head. Cheese... Cheese... Cheese... No cheese here, I thought.

"Excuse me, Sir. Where is the cheese?" I was asking a dark haired guy, who looked to be around the age of eighteen to twenty. He had a nice baby face.

The boy looked up from organizing the boxes of cereal, and grinned at me, "It's now on aisle number two... It says that this is the dairy section, but it was moved because we're remodeling."

"Oh, well... thank you," I grinned back.

"You're not from around here, eh?" he said, trying to make a conversation.

"No," I admit. "I'm from Ireland. But I moved here to London a little while ago."

He processed that for a second, then nodded politely, humming in interest. "Ah, what's your name?"

I didn't want to converse, I just wanted to really get home and in addition, I was agitated and fairly annoyed with the sand between my toes. "I'd love to stay and chat, but I really gotta go. Uh, see you around?"

I didn't wait for an answer, because he seemed like he fancied me, and I didn't want to quite exchange numbers. What if he was one of those creepy scary rapist? Plus, I don't think I really wanted to date anyone at the moment, anyway.