Chapter Thirteen

Rosaline's POV:

"Hm?"

"Be my girlfriend?"

My smile dropped. I looked at Niall who was still looking down at our intertwined fingers as he played with the ring on my finger.

Niall was asking me to be his girlfriend? My Niall? His girlfriend? That would be a new title.

From Niall Horan's Bestfriend to his Niall Horan's Girlfriend? It's ironic how big things change in so little time; whether it's temporary or permanent. Whether its for the best, or not.

My heart beat began to quicken. My ears were ringing as I wondered if I heard him correctly.

What if Niall and I didn't last? And it messed up our friendship... everything would be awkward.

"What?" I stammered.

He looked up at me, "Will you be my girlfriend?" he said repeating himself, but much more confident and serious this time.

Then I knew I had heard him right. I was taken aback by this, but as expressionless as a gargoyle.

I stared into his eyes and it felt like I was swimming in them.

I couldn't deny it, of course I wanted to be his girlfriend, I just didn't think he would ask me. I was entirely shocked. I waited a long time for this to happen... I didn't think today would be the day.

For a second, he looked hurt, because he probably thought I was gonna say no, since I'd been taking, what seemed like forever, to answer. The last thing I wanted was for him to think that I didn't want him.

"Yes."

Just one word made his expression change. He grinned widely, flashing his perfect braced white teeth.

I giggled stupidly.

-

Niall finished his croissant and my bagel, since I refuse to eat after the butterflies had overpowered my hunger.

"If you live in London, why are you staying in a hotel?" I said out of curiosity, as we entered the lobby, hand in hand.

Niall smiled in remembrance, "Oh, because our house is on the other side of London, and this hotel was closest to the arena we were performing at," he said pushing the elevator button, "...which reminds me, we have to pack today since the tour is over."

-

"Throw me that shirt?" Niall said pointing to the top on the lamp.

"You're nasty," I said chucking him the clothing.

"Why is it, that I have more clothes than what I came with?" he asked, trying to zip the suitcase up.

"You ever heard of folding?" I asked.

He quirked an eyebrow at me as if to ask, What even is that?

I sighed, "...Move over"

I opened his three suitcases, and folded each and every one of his clothing items in the nick of time all while he laid on the floor next to me, boredly watching me and occasionally sighing.

"Now try closing it," I said coolly as I hopped to my feet, dusting of my hands.

It was successful.

"That's because the zipper was stuck before, and I just fixed them all," he chuckled.

I rolled my eyes playfully. "What ever you say, Horan... What ever you say."