Chapter Ten

Rosaline's POV:

It's the third day my parents have been gone. I feel butterflies in my stomach, and it might have something to do with my idiot of a best friend. I've seen him three days in a row for the first time in merely three years. Not that it's a bad thing... it's actually good to me, but I don't understand how just one person can have the other one, head over heels. Maybe it's normal, because he is Niall Horan, 1/5 of One Direction, who has girls falling at his feet, literally.

"Wake up and come eat breakfast!" Sophia said jumping in my bed.

I wasn't even sleeping, I was just thinking. And breakfast? Since when can Soph cook? She couldn't even reach the counter as it is.

I sat up quickly, grabbing Sophia. "Who's in the house?" I yell whispered.

"Ni...Nile?" she stammered, looking terrified.

I put my hand over my chest filled with relief... Speaking of the devil.

I walked down the stairs or rather ran while holding Sophia's hand.

In the living room, the TV was on, and Niall was on the couch, tapping away on his phone.

"What're you doing there, Blondie," he looked up from his phone and smiled.

"Oh, yenno... the usual, just hanging around." I rolled my eyes at his smart remark.

"I'm hungry..." Sophia whined.

"I would have cooked, but sadly, dunno how..." Niall shrugged looking back down at his phone. "So, I brought you guys lunch..."

-

"So..." I said jumping onto the couch next to Niall after I ate, and got dressed.

"Did you know that you should lock the doors?" he said serious looking me straight in the eyes.

He had the eyes of an angel, the ones that make you want to melt. Even when he wasn't trying to be charming, he couldn't help it. I see why millions of girls run after him. I don't wanna sound like an obsessed fan, but those eyes are to die for.

"Hello?" he said poking my feet that were by his lap.

"Oh, umm... I don't know. It slipped my mind, I guess."

"...So stubborn," he muttered.

Why does everyone call me stubborn? I'm not stubborn. What that even have to do with doors & locks?

"Excuse me?" I said kicking him in his ribs, not soft, but not hard either.

"OUCH! Seriously Rose?" he whined, rubbing his side.

I tried not to laugh, but how could you not? It's especially funny if you would have saw his face.

"That's not even funny." he rolled his eyes, getting up.

I laughed even harder. "Where you going?"

I was now crying of laughter, I could hear Sophia giggling, either at me, or the cartoon she was watching, while sitting on the floor.

Niall appeared seconds later with a bag of frozen veggies held up to his side, and his red polo shirt slung over his shoulder. He sat back in his seat and looked at me dumbfounded.

My laugh sobered up. "You're an ass," he said rolling his eyes.

I laughed softly. "Let me see it."

I lifted his hand from his side, and removed the bag of frozen vegetables.

"It's purple," I patted it.