IV

I'd sat there another twenty minutes before Rj had come back. We had a conversation about his phone call because I wondered what took him so long.

"Are you busy tonight?" he asked.
"No, why?"
"I want you to come home with me." He smiled.
"Hm." I looked around the room in thought. "Can I tell you a secret?" I asked him and looked back in his eyes.
"Hit me." he said and watched my lips.
I gently held the side of his face in my hand and began closing the space between us.

He tried leaning in for a kiss and I moved to speak into his ear.
"You owe something to my friend. Which means...we can't do anything until you hand it over."
He looked at me. "What friend?"
"B."

His eyes widened in fear.

There's knowledge going around that borrowers have to return whatever they owe to B or else he'll just take it and kill them as compensation for the extra work. If you cooperate you get to live. The men that thought they were tough and could outrun him are not longer occupying this earth.

"Uh..."
"You know what I'm talking about, don't you?" I asked and fixed his hair.
"I thought I had more time?"
"Baby, your time ran out a week ago. This was him being generous and letting you return it on your own. You've pissed him off now. The smart thing to do would be to give up what you owe." I kissed his cheek softly.
"He won't kill me?"
"No, he won't kill you. So long as everything is there. But if you wait another day, he'll take someone you love, every hour, until you return it." I kissed the corner of his mouth sweetly.
He took out his phone and began pressing buttons.

"I'm uhh...I'm wiring him the money, and the shipment will arrive at the address he gave me within the next few hours, okay? I'm contacting them right now."
"You're such a good boy." I smiled and kissed his cheek again. "Thank you for your cooperation. We'll be in touch." We won't.
I wiped my lipstick smudge off his cheek then got up and walked over to Psycho.

"What's up?" Psycho asked.
"He wire transferred the money and the shipment should arrive in the next few hours."
"You got to the point faster than usual. How'd you do that?" he wondered.
I gestured for us to look at Rj.

He's a middle aged man with a receding hairline who probably hasn't touched a woman in twenty years. On the plus side he's tall and he wasn't one of the worst looking men I've had to flirt with.

"Never mind then." Psycho realized. "You know when B sees what you wore he's gonna ground you, right?"
"He can't ground me, I'm an adult."
"He took your phone last month because you stayed out past 2am."
I rolled my eyes.

____________________________________

We arrived back at the mansion and the boys went to have yet another meeting with just each other while I went to my room to get ready for bed.

I took a shower, ran through my skin care routine, got my hair ready, then got into my bed.

My door was knocked on once then barged into. Which meant it was Psycho.

"Hi." I greeted.
"Hey, B's on his way up here."
"Why?"
He stared at me.
"Really?!" I sighed. "It's not even that serious."

My door was opened again and B stood there.

"You serious?" he asked.
"What?" I played oblivious.
He took out one of his phones and went through it. Then tossed the thing onto my bed and in my lap.
I saw me walking around the club. I swiped and saw another picture of me sitting with my legs crossed, my leg completely bare as it slipped through the split.
"B, it's just a dress." I explained.

He leaned his shoulder against the doorway but soon moved out of the way so Riot could enter.

"Oh, it's a court trial? Great." I said sarcastically.

"I told her to wear pants." Riot stated as his tongue toyed with his toothpick.
"Anything would have been better than what she wore." B said.
"I mean I thought it was cool." Psycho added.
His brothers looked at him.
"My bad."

I rolled my eyes and covered my face with my blanket.

"Leila." B called.
"Leave me alone."
"Leila. Look at me."
I uncovered my face and looked at him.
"You knew better than to go out dressed like that."
"B, I'M 23!"
"I don't care. Next time I see you leave the house like that, we're gonna have a problem. Do I make myself clear?"
"How the fuck do you expect me to do the job you people give me in a pants suit?"
"You could do it. Trust me."
"I don't want to."
"I'm not telling you to wear a suit but that was unacceptable. You go places dressed."
"I WAS DRESSED!" I yelled. "YOU ASSHOLES JUST REFUSE TO BELIEVE I'M A GROWN ADULT THAT CAN DRESS AND MAKE DECISIONS LIKE GROWN ADULTS DO! I'M ONLY NINE YEARS YOUNGER THAN YOU! I'M ONLY FIVE YEARS YOUNGER THAN YOU!" I looked at Riot. "AND YOU'RE ONLY THREE YEARS OLDER THAN ME!" I told Psycho.
"You're also the only girl." Psycho stated.
I groaned.
"Leila, you are a woman, you are beautiful, and you are fragile. I am not letting you put yourself in danger by wearing this bullshit out in public." B said.

I took his phone then tossed it back to him and he caught it in one hand.

"Alright. I'll remember to only wear sweatpants and hoodies for the rest of my life." I promised.
"Yea, you do that." he agreed then walked out of my room.

I looked at Riot and Psycho who were already looking at me.

"You two got anything you wanna add?" I asked them and sat up.
"Nope." Psycho stated and got up to leave as well.

After watching Psycho walk out, Riot and I stared at each other.

He got up and walked to the door, but he didn't leave. He closed it.

"I told you to wear pants." he repeated.
"So?"
He walked over to my bed and took a seat.

"You don't like to fuckin' listen and that's what keeps gettin' you yelled at." he stated.
"It's nothin' new. You assholes yell at me all the time."
"Because you fuckin' provoke us."
"No, I don't. You're just too overprotective!"
He sucked his teeth and leaned forward, with his forearms resting on his knees.

I took my blanket off of me and crawled closer to him.
He side eyed me and watched.

"So all of you are mad at me?" I wondered.
I knew Psycho wasn't. B was, only because he acts like my guardian. And I just felt like bothering Riot.

He leaned back again and looked at me.
His tongue toyed with his toothpick but he never said a word. Nor did he take his eyes off of mine.

"You didn't think I looked good in it?" I asked sweetly.
My hand went to his thigh.
"That don't matter. I told you what to put on." he replied.
I swung one leg over his lap and sat in it then I stripped his toothpick out of his mouth. He laid back and held my thighs in his hands.
"It matters because I wanna know." I put the toothpick between my lips.

We were soon rolled over and he landed on top of me.
I held eye contact.
He leaned down and his lips reached next to my ear.
"If you don't want my dick in your cervix, don't ever do that shit again."

He came back up and I looked at him.
His lips lowered to mine, but only to strip away the toothpick and hold it between his.
He then stood up and walked out of my room.