XLVI

"BACK UP!" B shouted and his gun cocked. It was pointed at Riot.
"B, NO!" I yelled at him.
"YOU SHUT THE FUCK UP!" he told me.
I stood in front of Riot.
"MOVE!" he demanded.
"NO! PUT IT DOWN!"
He pointed the gun at Riot's face.
"B, STOP IT!"
He kept it there.
"B!" I shouted again.
He looked at me. "You promised me." he grunted.
"I'm sorry..."
He looked back at Riot.
"BUT IF YOU KILL HIM I WILL NEVER! EVER! FORGIVE YOU! PUT. IT. DOWN. NOW!"
His eyes darted back and forth between me and Riot.
"NOW!!!" I reiterated.
He lowered the gun.

I finally relaxed.

Megan took it and at the speed of light I felt a pain in my stomach.

I couldn't focus.
It was like I was attempting to blink away the pain.
I was partially confused as if I didn't know what had just happened to me. Just that I didn't like it.
I fell back and was caught but I couldn't hear anything I was so in shock. I could see B running in my direction but I still heard nothing. I just felt pain but I wouldn't scream. My eyes were closing on their own...I was growing sleepy.

____________________________________

I woke up and groaned in pain.

"Hey, hey, you're alright."
I was back in tears and someone held onto my hand.
I looked to the side.

Jack sat there trying to console me.
"Are you okay?" he asked.
"My stomach hurts..."
"I know, sweetheart."
"What happened?" I wondered.
"Uhh...Well, I suppose there's no gentle way to say it...you were shot, my love."

I thought back on it and remembered. Megan had taken B's gun and shot me with it. All I could remember was being held while I fell and the echoing sound of a few screams but it went silent and dark fast.

"Where is she?" I asked him as if he'd know.
"Who?"
"Megan."
"I don't know."
See.

"I'm sorry this happened to you." he stated.

That raised a question.

"Jack?"
"Yes?"
"Do you know why it happened?" I wondered.
"No. They didn't tell me. Just that I should rush over here to watch after you while they were gone. Is...Megan the one that did it?" he wondered.
"Yea."
"Why?"

I hated to give him the answer to that question.

"Um, B told me to give something to Riot so I had to go up to his room to do so. Apparently Megan was coming to pay him a visit and she arrived as I was leaving. Of course she threw a fit and didn't want to hear me out so...all of the yelling stopped and instead turned into violence I guess."
"That's awful. I'm happy you're alive. Ecstatic. You're a fighter."

"How long have I been sitting here?" I wondered.
"About an hour or two. But you've been in the hospital for around six, the other four to five you were undergoing surgery."
"Where did the boys go?"
"I'm not sure about that either, just that they didn't stay long. They were definitely all angry. I could practically see the steam coming from their ears. Psycho didn't speak and Riot couldn't keep still."
"B?"
"So still that it was terrifying."

"I hope you weren't busy when they called you." I stated.
"I was not, but even if I was, I would have dropped everything to be here." He kissed my hand.

I looked at Jack. He didn't deserve someone like me. He deserved someone better. I'd just kissed another man and felt butterflies in my stomach and more passion than any kiss he and I had felt in our relationship only hours before he came to console me for my injury. I was so apologetic for my feelings and I didn't even know what to think or how to handle it. I didn't even know how I'd tell him, but I guess what he doesn't know won't hurt him.

I looked at my nightstand and saw the bouquet of flowers sitting on top.

"I didn't know your favorite so I just got a bunch as a get well soon gift. I hope that's alright." he stated.
"They're beautiful, thank you."

I don't think I have a favorite. My favorite color is red so maybe roses.

I saw something out of the corner of my eye as I stared at the bushel of flowers and I looked towards the door.

Riot stood there looking through the window. As we looked at one another, I could feel Jack kissing over my hand.
I looked at him.
He came up and gently kissed my lips.
"Do you need anything at all?" he asked.
I shook my head. "No, I'm okay."
"Okay. I'm going to get a bottle of water and be right back."
I nodded.

I looked towards the window again and Riot was gone.

Jack headed towards the door.
I stared up at the ceiling as I heard it open.

"What's this?" he asked out loud.
"Hm?"
"I guess you had a visitor." Jack pointed out.

I looked over at him and he was walking back to me with a singular rose in his hand.

He handed it to me and I took it. I was careful to not prick myself.
It was beautiful.

"It didn't have a card or anything. Maybe someone dropped it. I suppose it's yours now." Jack stated.
"Yea..." I sniffed the rose.

He left again to go get his water.