XXXIII

I made it back home five minutes after midnight so you can guess who was waiting for me at the door.

"You're late." B stated. He stood in the foyer waiting for me while Psycho and Riot were sitting on the couch in the living room.
"By five minutes, B. I'm an adult woman and you gave me a curfew. The fact I tried to follow it at all should be enough for you."
"Yea well it isn't. I gave you a time and you didn't follow it."
"You didn't even give me that time, Psycho did! If anything he should be standing here and scolding me!"

"How did it go, Leila?" Psycho asked. He and Riot stood up and walked towards us.
"Great actually. I had a lot of fun and he even sold his artwork."
"For how much?" Riot asked.
"$50 grand."
"Oh, so it's cheap?"
"It's worth damn near 100 but he was being nice because he didn't need the money and the guy was so sweet. So fuck you."
"Yea whatever. All you did was tell me he's easy to pushover."
"I'm sorry, what does Megan do again? You know besides be a cracked out whore?"
"Damn, snort a line and you two are twins."

"HEY!!!" B shouted. "Will you two stop?!"
"He fucking started it!"
"You sound like a child." Riot told me.
"Are you really about to make me kick your ass this early in the fuckin' morning? What's your problem, bitch?!"
"I don't have a problem."
"Clearly you do!"
"Don't bring some prissy bitch in my house and I won't have a problem." he stated.
"Oh, he can pronounce more than two syllables and now you feel outsmarted huh?"
"His fucking job is to draw shapes and you think I feel threatened by that?"
"At least he has a talent."
"Yea, what is it you do again?" he asked me in rebuttal.
"Put up with your fucking bullshit!"
"Right because anything else requires a personality that you don't have."
"You are literally the most exhausting person on the fucking planet. Shut up. Go talk to your hooker."

I looked at B who just stood with one hand on his hip and the other pinching the bridge of his nose.
I looked at Psycho.

"He asked to draw me." I said happily.
"That's nice." he replied.
"Don't lie to her." Riot interrupted.
I ignored him.
"Yea, so the day after tomorrow, I'll go to his studio and I pose in the nude for like a few hours."

B's head shot up.
Psycho's eyes went wide.
Riot bursted out laughing.

"SO THAT'S WHAT IT IS?!" he asked. "Honestly that makes so much more fuckin' sense."
I was confused. "What?..."
"No, it's just...I was wonderin' why anyone in their right mind would ever consider going out with you, but like everybody else of course he's using you for your body."
My heart shattered.
B pushed him. "What the fuck is your problem?!" he asked.
"What? Better to tell her now, right? That it's impossible for anyone to actually be interested in her. He's probably usin' that shit as an excuse to fuck."
"No..." my voice was shaking. "He said it wasn't sexual."
He laughed some more. "AND YOU FUCKIN' BELIEVED HIM, DIDN'T YOU?! Of course you did. Wow, you get stupider and more naïve everyday, aren't you tired? So fuckin' easy to manipulate. Like clay."

My vision was blurry from tears.

"You're only wanted for your body, sweetheart. Nothin' else. You have nothin' else to offer. You are so fucking unlikeable and boring. Men don't actually like you. You just look like a whore. Be honest, when has anyone ever asked you out and not expected to fuck right after? Be real with me."
I looked up at all of them as my tears slid down my cheeks. I couldn't even see them.

I pushed past and ran up the stairs. I heard a thud and didn't turn around, I just kept going.

I made it to my room and slammed the door shut then sat against it as I bawled my eyes out. I cried so hard I struggled to breathe. I just laid on the floor in front of the door and sobbed.

____________________________________

I didn't realize I'd fallen asleep after my crying fit. I took a shower and changed into sweatpants and a hoodie then headed downstairs for a glass of water.

When the elevator opened, I saw one maid scrubbing the floor. When I got out I could see what she was cleaning. There were red stains everywhere on the floor and I was worried.

"Lisa, what happened?" I asked.
"Hi, Leila."
"Hi." I replied and waited for an answer to my previous question.
"Um...Psycho and Riot had a bit of an altercation this evening. The fight was very violent."
I looked at the floor again and worried about Psycho.
"Is Psy okay?" I wondered.
"Oh, yes, he's fine besides a bruised cheekbone and damaged knuckles. This isn't his blood..."
"It's-..."
"Psycho apparently broke a vase and used one of the pieces to stab his brother a few times. None of them were deep but it was still pretty bad. He'd also bruised up Riot's face pretty horribly. He was taken to a clinic quickly for a few stitches but they came back around an hour ago."
"Oh...What caused it?"
"I'm not sure. I got here near the end of it when B, your chef, David, and Malcom were attempting to pull Psycho off of him. All I saw was Riot unconscious and Psycho was crying as he beat him. He shouted a few words that I could barely hear over everyone's shuffling. Something like 'she didn't deserve that and you know she didn't' and 'I hope you effing die'. He called him a few bad names as well. I'm only summarizing the extremity of it. That's not exactly what he said but it's close."
"Oh...Okay...Thank you."
She nodded then went back to cleaning.

I grabbed a water bottle out of the fridge then headed to Psycho's room.