XXXI

"I'll be there in fifteen minutes." Jack texted.
"Okay"

I stood in my bathroom as I got ready. I was told it was formal so I was able to wear a long gown. He apologized that it was last minute but little does he know I go to several dinner parties under the same dress attire.
The gown I chose was dark red and strapless with a split up my right leg. I slipped it on and stood in front of the mirror feeling pretty. I wore a large diamond necklace with earrings that matched. I held up two pairs of heels to figure out which pair I wanted. I chose and put the other back then slipped my choice on.

My room was buzzed into.

"Leila?" Malcolm called.
I walked over to the speaker.
"Yes?"
"Your date is here."
"Okay Malcolm, I'll be right down."
"I'd suggest you hurry." He clicked off.

I wondered what he meant by that.

I grabbed a clutch and headed downstairs.

...

When the elevator let me out, all I saw was Jack standing on one side of the foyer in a tux and the brothers standing across from him and just staring.

"Hi..." I greeted Jack.
He turned and looked at me. I watched him smile kindly and it made me do the same. "Hi." he replied.

I looked at the boys. Psycho and B were still looking at Jack but Riot was looking at me. I quickly looked away and walked over to Jack.

"I want her home by ten." B stated.
"The gallery starts at nine..." Jack said.

"BITCH, DID I FUCKIN' STUTTER?!" B pulled out a gun and held it at Jack.

"B!" I shouted.
I looked at Jack. "I'm sorry. I'm so sorry." I told him.
He was staring wide eyed at the gun.
"B, put it down!"
He looked at me.
"NOW!" I reiterated.
He lowered his arm and stuffed the gun back into his pants.

"Pussy." Riot insulted.

It hasn't even started and my date was already ruined.

Psycho walked up to us.

He looked at me first then at Jack.
"I want her back safely." he stated.
"Of course." Jack agreed.
"She better return with a smile on her face from havin' such a good time."
"I'll make sure of it."
Psycho nodded.

I appreciated his gentleness. I looked at the other two as they looked at us.
They didn't look happy.

Jack checked his watch.
"I think we should get going, yea?" he said to me.
I nodded.
"Uh...It was nice meeting all of you." Jack nodded.
They didn't respond.
"Alright then..."
We headed for the door.

"10!" B yelled.
"Midnight!" Psycho fixed.

We left and walked to Jack's car. It was extremely nice and I was beginning to wonder how much money he gets for this art he creates.

As we got in he just took a deep breath as he stared out of the windshield.

"I'm sorry about that..." I stated.
"No, it's alright. I'm sure there's a reason I was held at gunpoint so casually in your home..."
We stayed silent.
"What was the reason?" he asked.
I snickered. "They're a bit over protective. My godfather is their father and he told them to take care of me. Sometimes they go too far."
"I see." He put the car in drive and drove around the circle to leave. "Lovely home by the way. It is very large. Did you come out of an elevator?"
I laughed. "Yes, I did."
"Interesting."

____________________________________

We arrived at the art gallery.

"Stay there." he commanded.
"Oh? Okay."
I stayed in the car as he got out.

I watched him walk around and was confused.

He opened my door for me and it made me giggle to myself.
His hand reached out for me and I took it to get out of the car.
As I stood up, he kissed my cheek.
"You look beautiful." he complimented.
"Thank you." I smiled. "You look very handsome."
"Do you think so?"
"I do."
"Well now we know you have good eyes."
I laughed at him.

He held his arm out for me and I wrapped my hand under it then we walked towards the entrance. I saw all of the other guests that were also here.

It was beautiful inside. Each art piece was framed on the wall or stood on a podium in the middle of the floor. I watched one guy surrounded by people explaining his art. The people didn't look that interested but he tried to push the excitement. A few of them walked away at a time.

"Were you supposed to be doing that?" I asked and pointed at the man.
Jack looked.
"No, he's just a bit of a narcissistic twat."
I laughed at his insult.
"Would you like to see mine?" he asked.
"Yes, please."

He took my hand and pulled me through the crowd.

After a few twists and turns past the walls that stuck out, we arrived.
Other people around us also looked at it.
This painting was beautiful.

It was the size of a large dining room table as it sat on the wall. It was a black and white painting of a nude woman sitting on a stool to the side and holding her face. Her eyes were closed and her head was tilted. It looked so realistic. As if the portrait was just a window to another room and I was staring at this woman through the glass.

"This is beautiful...you did this?!" I asked.
"I did, yes. It took 316 days but I did it."
"Jack, this is amazing."
"Thank you."
"Is this...um..." I didn't know what to call it.
"Are you asking if this is a real woman that I drew naked?"
"Yes."
"Yes, it is."
"Oh, wow."
"I typically draw people in the nude but of course I try out other medias. I just think the human body is the most beautiful."
"Right."
"I do men as well."
"Oh?! Okay." I looked at him. "Random time to bring that up."
"No, not like-..." he snickered. "Not like that. I just mean I've drawn them. I'm heterosexual. I don't find anything sexual when I paint anyone. It's just artistry."
"Oh, I see."
"Yes, I promise it's not perverted."
I snickered. "I believe you." I looked back at the painting. It was so well done. To think this kind of talent lives in one person is unbelievable.
I felt someone staring and looked to the side. Jack was looking at me already.

"Can I ask you a question?" he started.
"Sure, what is it?"
"Would you let me draw you?"
My eyes widened. "Do you...Do you mean like this?" I asked and pointed at the painting.
He looked up at it. "Yes. Well, if you don't want to be in the nude, that's fine. You don't have to be. I'd prefer it if you're comfortable. I also swear it will not be sexual. I just think you'd do great. You're ravishing."
His words made it hard for me to look at him as I smiled shyly.
"Well...when you talk to me like that and with that voice, it's kind of hard for me to say no."
"So does that mean you'll do it?"
"Yea, I'll do it. I like...trying new things." It sounded fun.
"Perfect." he smiled.