LVIX

Riot and I sat in the backseat as Psycho drove and I noticed Riot kept grunting and wincing every ten to fifteen minutes.

"What is happening? Why do you keep doing that?" I asked him.
"B." Riot answered.
"What about him?"
"He put some weird shock buzzer on Riot's back that works like a ankle monitor. If Riot left the house to find you, every ten minutes he gets a painful jolt of electricity down his body until he's within a five mile radius of the house again." Psycho explained.
"Why would he do that?!" I yelled in frustration and made Riot turned to the side so I could look at it.
"Because he knew Riot was a stubborn little shit that wasn't gonna let you get on that plane. Clearly he was right."
"Fuck you." Riot insulted.
"Such a cute voicemail. Did you pour your heart into that?" Psycho asked.
"Shut up!" I shouted. He laughed.

"You know, B's gonna have questions for why you're not on a plane."
"Yea. I'll figure somethin' out..." I stated. "Why did you guys come?"
"Wanted to say bye..." Riot answered.
"That's a fuckin' lie. We came because Riot's a little lovey dovey crybaby bitch that weeped to me to drive him to the airport so he could see you one last time, I said yes so he would let me go, but then you called him and we heard the voicemail and he threatened me to drive faster and now we're here."
"STOP LYIN', BITCH!" Riot shouted.
"I AIN'T LYIN', THAT'S WHAT HAPPENED!"

What happened:

(Two hours ago)

Riot made it downstairs and saw the spread on the kitchen table.

"What's goin' on?" he asked Psycho.
"Your girlfriend left."
Riot felt like he'd been punched in the heart.
"Oh so you do care?" Psycho pointed out.
"What?"
"I just couldn't tell since you let her leave. Thought the feelings were just one sided."
"I care. I ain't want her to go."
"But you let her."
"Because I fucking scarred her! At least she feel at ease with him I just fuck her up. And all of you told me that I would. And I did. I don't want her to go though..."
"Mm." Psy replied nonchalantly.
"I ain't get to say bye..."

Riot felt a slap to his back and a pinch. He winced.
"What're we talkin' about?" B asked.
"The fuck was that?!" Riot asked.
"Oh, that? It's like an ankle monitor. Except, instead of alerting me that you're more than 5 miles away, you're gonna get electrocuted. She gets on that plane and has a relationship that won't tear her limb from limb. And you stay here." B explained and tapped it.
"WHAT THE FUCK?!" Riot shouted. He felt around his back for it but it was in a weird spot of his body that he couldn't reach.
"If you rip that out without me allowing it, you're gonna tear a hole in your back. So think wisely."
"ARE YOU INSANE?!"
"No. I'm disciplinary." B responded then walked off.

Riot continued clawing at his back trying to remove the gadget.

"Well, guess you're stuck." Psycho said and sipped his orange juice.
"Fuck that. I'm leavin'." Riot argued and walked out of the kitchen.
"That shit is gonna electrocute you, dumbass!" Psycho replied. "How are you gonna drive while being tased?!"
"Fine." He turned around. "You'll take me."
Psycho just stared at him.
"We ain't got all day."
"You want me to get my ass kicked for you?" Psy asked.
"Yes."
Psy stood there shocked.
"I've gotten shot for you. And I'd do it again. You can't handle being yelled at for a little bit?" Riot asked.
Psy took a deep breath.
"Come on, man. I don't ask you for shit. Just do this."
Psycho thought about it.
"Please." Riot begged.

That was the first time Riot has ever said the word 'please' to either of his brothers.

"Alright." Psycho agreed.
Riot nodded then walked off to leave.

...

"She tell you what time her flight leaves?" Riot asked.
"No."

Riot's body tensed and he felt a pain throughout his body.
"HOLY FUCK!" he shouted when it stopped.
"Was that it?" Psycho asked.
"Yes, that was it! What the fuck?! Is he serious?!"
"Guess so."

Something began vibrating.

"What is that?" Psycho asked.
"I don't know."
Riot began looking around.
He suspected it was his phone.

"Where's my phone?" he asked.
"I don't fuckin' know! My eyes are on the road!"
"Fuck..."

The vibrating stopped.

"Call it." Riot instructed.
"What about 'eyes on the road' do you not understand, jackass?" Psycho asked.
Riot sucked his teeth.

It began vibrating again.

He recognized it had fallen between his seat when he was being tased like a criminal and he reached for it as it rang.
While his fingers searched for it, he saw the road sign for the airport.

"Goddamnit." he said as he struggled to reach.
When he finally grabbed onto it, it dinged.
He opened it and went to the voicemail that was left.

"Um...Hi..." Leila snickered. "I didn't get to tell you goodbye earlier, but umm...me and Jack made it to the airport..."
"Um...I don't really know what to say..." he heard her sniff. "I'll miss you. I know that's kind of...a selfish thing to say, but it's true. I umm...hm...I love you. And...And I want you to do what I did and find someone that'll last, okay? I want you to find someone healthy, too. You deserve that."
Riot covered his face with his hand as his elbow rested on the windowsill.
"I guess that's everything. I'll miss you. I love you...okay...bye."
She hung up.

"So..." Psycho began.
"Drive faster." Riot commanded.
"I'm goin 80 in a 65. You're not supposed to race in an airport."
"Drive. Faster."

Psycho sighed then upped to 95.