XIX

Today the boys weren't in the house. They were spread out doing work to up their progress in time before their next meeting with Zachariah. Malcolm told me they'd left early this morning at around 7. That was four hours ago and they still weren't home yet. I wondered what they were doing.

I had to think of some way to make the time go by faster while they were gone.

...

It was 7pm and the boys were just getting back home.
Malcolm buzzed into my room to let me know they'd arrived and I headed downstairs.

"Where the fuck have you been?!" I asked as they walked through the door.
"We had shit to do." B answered. "Go get dressed we're about to go again."
"It's been twelve hours!" I stated and crossed my arms.
"Yea. Go get dressed." he repeated.
I rolled my eyes then headed back upstairs.

When I got to my room I took a shower then did my makeup so I could start finding a dress.

I didn't know what to wear.
I saw a short dark blue single strap dress to wear then headed back downstairs. Deep down I knew they wouldn't accept this.

I got back downstairs where they were waiting for me.

"Leila, you're fuckin' killin' me." B sighed and rubbed his face with his hand.
"What...?" I asked pretending to be oblivious. "I think it's cute."
"Go put on something longer before I knock your lights out!" he threatened.

I groaned before heading back upstairs.

I went to my closet and removed the dress from my body then looked for something else.
I decided to go with the short sequin black dress that tied around my neck. It was a bit longer than the blue.

"Better?" I asked.
"I guess." he sighed and walked out of the door. Psycho followed behind him and I looked at Riot.
He took out his toothpick and licked his lips as he looked at me.
"Can I help you?" I wondered.
"I missed you today." he stated.
I didn't respond, I just stared at him. Needily.
He chuckled fondly and gently bit his lower lip. "It really pissed me off."
"I missed you. Guess there's something wrong with me." I rebutted.
We just stared at one another.
"Get in the car." he commanded and gestured his head at the doorway. I watched him put his toothpick back between his lips.

I walked towards the door and as I passed him, he smacked my ass. I smiled to myself and kept going.

We took two different vehicles and I rode with Psycho.

"Psy, I have a question." I stated.
"Go ahead." he permitted as he drove with one hand on the wheel.
"When will I learn your real names?" I asked.
"I'm not sure."
"It's been seven years." I pointed out.
"I know. If it makes you feel any better, I don't know my name either."
"You don't?"
"No. I haven't heard it in a really long time. So whenever you find out, feel free to tell me too."
"Hm...but you know Riot's and B's?"
"Yea."

I faced him and smiled.
He looked at me and snickered. "I'm not tellin' you their names."
"You suck." I sat back correctly.
"I don't know when you're supposed to know. I think it's dangerous to tell you."
I sighed.
"I can give you a hint though."
"Yay! Give it to me." I said and faced him again.
"B's name starts with a B just like his nickname."
"Does Riot's name start with an R?"
"No."
"Bullshit."
He laughed.

____________________________________

We made it to Ocean and got out.
The club was loud and full of the drunk and stupid.

Riot and B I'm sure were in the back talking to the managers so that's where me and Psycho were heading.

We walked in and saw the men sitting at the table or standing against the wall. There were a few women walking around doing whatever drugs they found.

"There she is." Benny smiled at me.
"Hi, Benny." I smiled back.
"Hi, sweetheart." He took a hit of his blunt.

Benny was cute. He had a buzzcut and a beard. He was covered in tattoos including a few on his face. His lips were full and he always wore rings. I also liked his smile.

He gestured for me to walk over to him and I did. He passed me the blunt he was smoking and I took it.

"Money." B stated.
"Randy." Benny called.
Randy was in the corner and moved to a safe they kept in the office. He began unlocking it.

"How've you been, gorgeous?" Benny asked me.
I exhaled. "I'm good, baby."
"You look phenomenal." he complimented. I felt his hand ride up the back of my thigh.
"Watch it." B threatened.
Benny put his hands up in surrender. "I'm just tellin' her how pretty she is."
"Don't touch." Riot commanded.
"That's so hard. Fuckin' look at her." Benny said.
I looked at Riot looking at me as I hit the blunt again.
He looked back at Benny. "I'm not sayin' that shit again."
Benny rolled his eyes but kept his hands to himself.

Randy came and dropped a large bag of cash in front of B.

"That don't look like much." I stated.
B opened it and took out a handful. It was all hundreds.

"Never mind." I corrected.

"You count it?" B asked Benny.
He looked at the other men.
"94,500." Mike answered.

Psycho cocked a gun and held it at Benny.

"Woah?!!" Benny shouted and put his hands in the air.
"You told me 95 thousand on the phone. Where the fuck is it?" B asked him.
"I don't know! Why the fuck would I give you the full amount and then take that shit?! It ain't me!"
Psycho aimed it at Randy.
Randy put his hands up.
"Speak, bitch. I ain't got all day. You clearly know where the money goes. Where is it?" B wondered and looked at him.
"I-It wasn't me..."

B stood up and got in front of Randy, looking down at him.

"Then why the fuck are you stutterin'?" he asked.
Randy didn't answer.
"I'll ask you one more time..."

B put both hands on the filing cabinet that stood behind Randy, locking him in front of him.

"Where's my fuckin' money?" he repeated.
Randy looked over at Charlie.

B quickly took out his gun and shot Charlie in his face without looking.

"BITCH, I ASKED YOU A QUESTION!" he shouted and pressed his gun into Randy's jaw.
"I'm sorry! I'm sorry!...Charlie took it and...I didn't know Benny had already counted it but Charlie gave it to me...and we were gonna split it...but...I just needed it to help with my rent...I was gonna pay it back..." Randy explained through tears.

B took a step back.

"I get it. Rent is hard. Struggling with income. I understand." he stated.
Randy nodded.

B swiped the tip of his nose with his thumb and Psycho shot Randy in his face.

B returned to his seat and set his gun on the table.