XXXVI

Jack and I were taking a break after I'd been sitting there for two hours.

He handed me a bottle of water after I wrapped back up in my sheet.

"I have a surprise for you." he stated.
"You do? What is it?" I wondered.
He walked to a cabinet and opened it before taking out a container of a bunch of snacks.

"British snacks." he stated and walked over to me.
"Did you buy these here?"
"Well, yes and no. I ordered them offline and paid for fast shipping."
"Ohh..."
"So now you can understand what I was talking about."

He set the container down and I kneeled on the floor in front of it as he sat across from me.
He opened it and handed me the first one.

"Is this your favorite?" I wondered.
"Uhh...No. Is that what you want to try first?"
I nodded.
"Okay. My favorite is this one." He reached back in and handed me something different.

I started unwrapping it and he did the same.

I took a bite.

"Oh-...that is...what is that?" I asked.
He laughed.
"It's...it tastes like medicine, Jack, and I'm worried about you."
He ate it with ease and I gasped which made him laugh.
"I'm not going to say it's bad...I'm going to say it's an acquired taste." I told him.
"How polite of you."
I snickered. "Yea, sure." I grabbed something else.

It seemed promising. It was chocolate with marshmallow.
I unwrapped it and took a bite.

"This one!" I shouted.
"You like that one?"
"Yea. This is good."
"If you like that, I think you'd like this." He dug through it again and pulled out something else then handed it to me.

I finished my first thing then unwrapped what he'd given me.
I took a bite.
Heavenly.
"It's good, isn't it?" he stated.
"So good."
"I think it's safe to assume you really like chocolate." he chuckled.
"I do." I snickered.

___________________________________

I made it back home and saw an unexpected guest with the boys in our kitchen.

"Hey." I greeted.
"Hi!" Megan replied.
"Hey." said Riot.
"Welcome back." B stated.
"How'd it go?" Psycho asked.

"It was great." I smiled.
"Clearly." B snickered.
"I was very comfortable the entire time. He didn't even touch me. He just drew. And when we took a break he gave me this large sheet to wrap myself in so I wouldn't be uncomfortable. And I had a bunch of English food because he's tried American food but I hadn't had anything British. And-..."
"Sounds like you had fun." Riot interrupted.
"I did." I smiled to myself.
"Mhm." He grabbed an apple then left the kitchen.

"Um...I'll just..." Megan stuttered and followed behind Riot to leave.

"So...I can assume this is gonna be a regular thing?" B asked.
"I hope so..." I told him.

I went upstairs to shower and put on my pajamas. Someone I didn't want to speak to hopped into the elevator with me.

"Hi." Megan greeted.
"Hey."
"So...I know you have like...this cute little couple thing going on with some British colonizer or whatever...but I just wanna say right now, that I don't like the way you look at Riot."

I punched the button to stop the elevator then turned around and leaned against the door to look at her.

"Beg pardon?" I said with arms crossed.
"I can tell you two had something going on. I want you to stop eyeballing him like he's a piece of meat. Whatever you did have, you don't have anymore. So leave him alone."
"Sweetheart, your 'boyfriend' comes looking for me. I don't chase after him. So instead of coming to me while I'm trying to start a relationship, fight your man for hitting on me while he's in one."
"You know what you're doing."
"Enlighten me. What am I doing?"
"You're parading around in front of him trying to look pretty so you can get in his pants. You're using your little Brit to try and make Riot jealous."

I can honestly say I'd never even thought about that.

"So you think I'm pretty? That's your problem?"
"What?"
"You think I'm too pretty to be friends with your boyfriend so you try to come up with lies to say I'm trying to get in his pants when really I'm just existing and you don't like that."
"I said TRYING. TRYING to be pretty. You're not pretty. And obviously he isn't thinking about you because he's with me. I'm telling you to stop because it's embarrassing for you and you're just pissing him off."
All my mind did was remember that me being pretty was the first or second thing she'd ever said to me, ever. But sure.
"Is that right?"
"I didn't stutter. And don't try to run off and tell your little guard dogs that I was bullying you or whatever the fuck you do to get your way. I'll just tell Riot you started it, who do you think he'll side with?"

'Definitely not you. But you don't have to worry about that. I'm gonna do much worse.'

I didn't say another word, I just pressed the button to start the elevator back up.

Once it stopped and the door opened, coincidentally, I saw Riot walking towards us while looking down at his phone.

I shoved Megan by her face and she hit the wall of the elevator before I walked out.

I headed towards Riot.

When I reached him, my hand felt his toned abdomen and I looked up at him softly.
He moved his phone and looked down at me. "Can I help you, mama?"
"You left like you were mad at me. If I can't be mad at you, you can't be mad at me either." I pouted.
"Oh that's how it works?" he asked.
"Mhm."

"Excuse you!" Megan yelled.
She came and stood next to me then yanked my hand off of him. She hugged him and wrapped her arms tightly around his waist as she looked at me.
Riot winced. "Megan, I'm still bruised right there and you holdin' me too fuckin' tight, move." He shoved her off.
"Oh, I'm sorry, baby."
"Fuck..." he groaned and lifted his shirt to see his old injuries from Psycho's violence.
I gently rubbed the bruises before I got down on my knees and sweetly kissed over them. I watched him softly bite his lip as I looked at him and kissed his v-line too. It didn't have a bruise on it. I just felt like being disrespectful.

"Are you fucking serious?!!" Megan shouted at Riot.
I stood up straight.
He looked at her. "What?"
"Fuck you!" she stormed off and back towards the elevator.

We both watched her leave.

"See what you did?" he asked. "Now I gotta go chase after her."
"I'm an asshole, aren't I?" I snickered.
"Mhm." He pulled my face up to him and kissed me gently before walking towards the stairs to follow her out.