XXVIII

We were getting ready to leave out but I'd forgotten my purse upstairs.
I told them to wait for me downstairs as I went to get it.

I walked into my room to head to my closet and pick one that matched the closest to my dress.

I got there and walked around.
Something caught my eye and I looked in the doorway.
Riot stood there with his hands in his pockets.

"How long are you gonna keep this up for?" he asked.
I ignored him and kept looking.
"What's the matter with you?"
"Nothin's the matter with me. I'm fine." I answered.
He sighed. "You serious?"
"Are you fuckin' serious!?" I asked back. I grabbed the closest matching purse and walked out and past him.
But he grabbed my arm and pulled me into him where he held my waist in his hands.

"Come on, stop doin' what you're doin'." he instructed.
"I'm not doin' shit. Let me go." I demanded and tried pulling at his arms.
"You're tryin' to cause problems. You want attention or somethin'? You could've just asked."
"You already caused fuckin' problems when you brought home some whore you didn't tell us about! You wanna fuck me while being in a relationship with another bitch?" I pressed my fingers into his forehead and pushed it. "I don't fuckin' think so! Let me go, bitch, before I kick your fuckin' ass!"
He chuckled like it was cute.
"Oh this is funny to you?!"
"A little bit...you're so cute when you're angry." he snickered.
"Fuck you!"
"You want to?" He kissed me as his hands ran over my waist and back.
"Don't kiss me, asshole. Let me go."
"You know, you sound kinda jealous, mama."
"Jealous of what?! She's not even that fuckin' pretty!" I began pointing my finger in his face as I spoke because I meant every word. "And don't ever touch me again because you wanna be a fuckin' bitch makin' me help you cheat on her and not sayin' shit! You're a prick and I hope your fuckin' dick falls off!"
He smirked and kissed me again.

I just stood there and stared at him.

"What?" he asked.
"Leave me alone, I promised B I wouldn't do anything with you. Let me go."
"Come on, mama, don't do that to me." he stated.
I just looked at him.
"I know you wanna kiss me." I watched him bite his lip softly as he smirked. "It's my birthday. You not gonna kiss me?" His lips went to my jawline where he pressed gentle kisses.
"Ask that bitch downstairs to kiss you." I rolled my eyes and crossed my arms.
"Leila..."
"What?"
"That ain't my girlfriend, sweetheart." he claimed and kissed my neck.
"Huh?" I questioned. I felt him bite gently.
"I needed to coverup why I was in my room yesterday. So I lied. Then he asked me to bring her here. So I did. And for the entire car ride I made her tell me shit about her in case B started askin' questions. That's not my girl. She's a coverup. Some broad I met in a bar. Annoyin' as shit."
He looked at me and I looked at him.
I watched him chuckle. "You done poutin' now?"
"I wasn't pouting." I claimed and looked away from him.
"Mhm."

He brought my face back then kissed me again. I softly kissed him back.

"You're not fuckin' me." I swore.
"Why aren't I?"
"I just said I promised B I wouldn't do anything with you."
"And?" His hands lifted the back of my dress then held my ass.
"And I'm not breakin' it."
"You gonna wear this dress in front of me and not let me do anything about it?"
"Do you like it?"
"You know I do. You look beautiful."
I smiled to myself.
He lifted it higher and held my waist. "I wanna hike it up past your ass and fuck you in it."
"You won't."
He kissed me again. "We'll see how long that lasts, yea?"
I tried turning my face away again but he just pulled it back once more and kissed me again.

He let me go then smacked my ass before he left my room.
I pulled my dress back down.

____________________________________

We made it to the club and sat in the vip section.

I watched Riot and Megan share a blunt as they talked and laughed with one another. She can't be that annoying if he looks like he's having a fun time. I got up to get myself a drink.

"How can I help you?" asked the bartender.
"Doesn't matter just make it strong." I answered.
"Gotcha."

I watched as Megan and Riot kissed on the couch. I tried looking away but it didn't go as planned. My eyes would just find them again.

"Hey." Psycho stated and leaned against the bar.
"Hi." I replied.
My drink was set in front of me and I sipped.

That's definitely strong.

I sipped some more.

"So..." he began. "You wanna talk about it?"
"Talk about what?"

My eyes glanced back over towards Megan and Riot but they were gone.

I looked around in confusion then saw them walking through the crowd. He held her hand in his as he led the way.

I looked back at Psycho.

"That you like him." Psycho stated.
I choked on my drink.

"I'm sorry?" I asked as I gathered myself.
"You like him."
"Who? The bartender? No, I just met him."
"You know who I'm talkin' about."
I mouthed the words 'I can't hear you' and pointed at my ear because of the loud music.

I could in fact hear him.

He quickly grabbed my wrist and pulled me behind him.
I shuffled to keep up while in heels.

He pushed through a door and we were in the office room.

"Can you hear me now?!" he asked.
I nodded.
"Sit down." he commanded.

I took a seat and he leaned against the desk.

"For how long?" he asked.
"Hm?"
"Quit playin' dumb with me. How long have you liked him?"
"...I didn't even know I did."
"It's obvious."
"How?"
"You clearly dressed the way you did to get his attention away from that girl he brought. You purposely kept starting things at the dinner table."
"B asked her questions too!"
"Yea, whatever. And your eyes wouldn't leave them alone while they sat together."

"I don't wanna like him..." I stated.
"Good. You shouldn't."
I looked at my glass in my hands.
"The sooner you get over it, the better."
I nodded.
"I don't say that to be mean. I say it to protect you."
"Yea...I know."
"Alright."

"Psy..."
"Yea?"
"Don't tell B."
"Alright."
"I'm serious. If he finds out he'll be really disappointed in me because I promised I wouldn't get involved in any way with Riot."
"Yea. I won't tell him."
"Good."

I sipped my drink some more.