XXXIV

I knocked on the door.

"Psy...?" I called.
He opened it.
I saw his bruise.
"Why are you up? It's 4 in the morning." he asked.
"I wanted some water. Why are you up?"
"I don't know." He opened his door wider to let me in and I walked inside.

I wrapped my arms around him after he closed the door behind me. I felt my tears come back and his arms wrapped around me. His head rested on top of mine.

"I'm a whore..." I cried.
"No. You're not." He kissed the top of my head.

____________________________________

I'd slept in Psycho's room because I'd cried myself to sleep again. When I got up, I went to my bathroom to brush my teeth and then slowly walked downstairs for breakfast.

B and Psycho were there already.

"Hey..." B greeted.
"Hi."
"Listen, Leila..." he began.
I was listening but I looked and picked at the muffin in my hand as I did.
"I just wanted to say...uhh...like I'm happy for you...and...your date goin' nice..."
I smiled softly as appreciation.
"You know...if uhh...if you're happy, I'm happy for you. Just be careful..."
I nodded. "I will."

I knew Psycho made him say that but I appreciated the sentiment nonetheless.

I left their presence and headed back to my room.

On the way there I ran into someone I didn't want to. I tried to ignore him and continue picking at my chocolate chip muffin.

"Hey..." he called and I kept walking.

"Leila, come on."

My eyes were watering again and I tried to suck it up.

"Leila, I'm sorry!" he claimed.

"It's fine." I said shakily and walked into my room. I closed my door behind me.

I wasn't there alone for long before he walked in. I just sat on my bed and kept my eyes on my muffin.

He closed my door behind himself and walked to me then crouched in front. His arms rested at each side of my legs.
"Leila, please look at me. I'm sorry, alright? I ain't mean what I said." he stated.
"Yes, you did." I said quietly.
He sighed. "No. I didn't. I was just angry."
"At what? Me?"
"No...I don't know. I don't think so."
"Then why did you take it out on me?"
"I don't know, mama, but I'm so sorry." He kissed my hand and wrist.
I sighed.
"Can you forgive me? I didn't mean it..." he stood up and leaned down, cupping one side of my face in his hand as he kissed the other repeatedly. His lips were so warm and gentle against my skin. His thumb caressed the surface of my other cheek as he held it.
"Yea..."
"Really?"
I nodded.
"Thank you. I ain't mean it." he repeated. "I swear I didn't."

My head turned to the side and I looked at him closely. I saw the black eye he had but the swelling was down. Our lips grazed together.
I quickly looked away from him.
He gently brought my face back. "You're still mad at me, aren't you?" he asked with our lips close.
I shook my head.
"But you don't wanna kiss me?"
"I told B..."
"You made a promise. Yea, I know. You can at least give me one on my cheek so I know whether or not you still hate me." he offered.
I just looked at him.
"I don't want you to hate me, babygirl. I wanna know if you really accept my apology. If you don't I'll just keep tryin' to prove it to you." he claimed. "Just one. That's all."
I leaned in to kiss his cheek and as soon as I did, he turned his head and our lips met. There was a cute peck before I backed away for a second. We went back to the other and our lips slipped between one another's for a soft kiss. I pulled away once again.
"Thank you." he smiled.
"No more." I stated.
"I know."
"I mean it. I...I made that deal with B and...I think I might really start to like Jack..."
He stood up.

I looked up at him.

"Alright." he agreed. He walked towards my door.
"You seem mad..."
"No." he claimed and walked out of the door, closing it behind himself.

My phone vibrated.

I took it off of my nightstand and looked at it.

"Great news. I found my studio." Jack texted.
I snickered. "That's amazing news." I texted back.
"Not so great news? I'm absolutely freezing in here. But I do have someone coming to fix the heat in a few hours so that's good news again."
"Fantastic."
"Yes, I wouldn't want you to be cold. Cold and nude? That's just torture."
I laughed softly at his message.

"What time do we start?" I wondered.
"How's 3?"
"3 works. Is there anything I need to bring?"
"Just yourself and your cell phone. Do dress warm, I know it won't matter during but it will still be cold on your way to and from. I'd rather you didn't get sick."
"How sweet of you."
"Yes, because then you'd get me sick and I'm a rather important person. We can't have that."
I sent the middle finger emoji and he sent his three laughing emojis.