LXIV

"Are you sure this is what you wanna do?" Ezra asked as he put our bags in the car.
"Yep. I don't think I want anything more."
He slammed the trunk shut. "If you say so."

It was 3am as we hopped in the car to go. Both B and Shiloh were asleep and didn't know we were leaving, we told neither of them our plans.
I'd actually deleted contacts. Not Shiloh's. I decided to keep his. I'd talk to him when we got there. But B, Jack, and Zachariah were gone. It hurt a bit to take away Jack's because his last message was,

"I don't know what just happened or why you left me but...I hope he makes you happy. Just really wish you could've found a better way to let me know...lol."

But I didn't feel bad for long because I later ran into Jack's social media because of his contact in my phone. Lia isn't his sister. It's his fiancée. They have a dog together. The Christmas photo he showed me? The night of their engagement. She's not that attractive but I found out her father was a rich art critic with power so...I know why they're engaged. I found it interesting that he treated me as well as he did to say that I was technically a side piece. He must really not like his fiancée.
I no longer gave a fuck that I left him at the airport. But I did block him on everything and now have a clear conscience.

I held Riot's free hand as he drove with the other. He took it and kissed it while keeping his eyes on the road.

I wasn't anxious about this trip like I was when it was with Jack. I was actually excited. It felt like a new start or chapter in my life even if it wasn't permanent. This would be a growing experience together. I was excited to see where it would go and what would happen.

____________________________________

Me and Ezra sat waiting for our plane. I don't think I'd ever seen him out in non-gang or club related settings but he still gets a lot of attention in these surroundings that I couldn't be surprised about.
Women would whisper about him to their friends and their friends would look up to see. I've seen a few people try to sneak pictures or videos of him. I actually found it kind of funny and wondered how they'd react if all three were here.

"You know, you have a lot of admirers." I stated.
"What do you mean?"
"Everybody's attracted to you."
He snickered.
"I'm serious! Everyone's into you. I've seen women try to take pictures of you while we walked through these hallways."
"I saw about ten guys stare at you while they were with their wives. One dude stumbled while he was on a business call." he argued and looked at the ceiling as he thought. "And someone else recorded you."
"Huh. Rude of these assholes to keep filming us without permission."
He chuckled.

"FLIGHT 126 NOW BOARDING!" said the lady on the intercom.

...

The flight was long and Ezra and I had both fallen asleep halfway through since it was taking forever. We also never went to bed beforehand. My head rested on his shoulder and his head was leaned back against his seat.

I woke up to the sound of the flight attendants on the speaker, alerting us that we'd be landing soon.

I opened the window to see the city.

I tapped Ezra's shoulder and woke him up too.

"Hm?" he asked.
"Look." I stated.

____________________________________

"Wow." I said as we got off the plane and entered the airport.
"Wow? Mama, you haven't even been outside yet. This looks like every airport." he snickered.
"Yea, but just knowing we're somewhere else is relaxing enough."

I looked at my phone and saw seventeen missed calls from the same number.

"Hm."
"What?" Ezra asked.
I called the number back.

"LEILA, WHERE-..."
I hung up.
It was B.

"Nothin'." I replied.
"Alright. You ready?"
"Mhm." I took his hand and we walked off to go find our luggage.

The End