XVII

"How are we doin' over here?" Our waitress came back and asked. She told us her name was Mary.

The food was delicious and felt like it was a homemade dinner at a relative's house. The boys ate like they hadn't eaten in years. Stealing fries off each other's plates and taking all of the condiments and add ons that the other didn't want. B was eating Psycho's pickles like they were a bag of chips and Riot has sneakily stolen one of B's fries at least three times.

"I'm fine. Who made this?" Riot asked and took another bite.
"I did." she stated.
Riot looked up at her. "Marry me."
She laughed. "You're cute but I was just playin', honey. Big Mike grilled the patties and Annabelle probably dressed it. I'll give them your thanks."
"Please do." All three of them said.

She snickered. "You don't feed these babies?" she asked me.
"Babies?! These are three grizzly bears!" I told her and she laughed but I'm serious.
"No, we feed her." B answered.
"Even better." she said and nodded at me. "I can just tell nothin's allowed to cause harm to you, babygirl."
"If I got a paper cut, they'd tear the paper." I stated and she laughed.

"Can I get you four anything else?" she asked.
"The check is all."
"Alright. We also got an apple pie comin' out of the oven-..."
"Yes." Riot interrupted.
Mary snickered. "So the check and a slice of pie?"
"Yes, ma'am." B answered.
"Not a problem." She walked off with a wink.

"How old do you think she is?" Riot asked and kept his eyes on her as he ate a fry.
"I don't know, like fifty or sixty somethin'?" Psycho stated and looked at her.
"That's like milf range or is that goin' into g-milf?" he wondered.
"Are you considering fucking our waitress?" I wondered.
He shrugged.
B shoved him. "Have some fuckin' class."

"Hey..." Psycho called.
We all looked at him.
He was looking somewhere else and we followed his eyes.

Four large scruffy men had entered the restaurant and they were looking in this direction. As they scratched through their beards, I realized they were looking at me.

I sat back in my seat out of discomfort.
The boys all looked at me.

"What?" I asked.
"You alright?" B wondered.
"Yea, I'm fine." I looked down as I sipped my lemonade. I was weirded out but I didn't think it was worth mentioning.

"Here you go. You four have a good day." Mary said as she came with our check and Riot's pie.
"Thank you, you too." B replied.

She walked off.

"I'd give that woman so much head." Riot stated as he kept watching her.
"I will punch you in this restaurant." B threatened and looked at him.
"She brought me pie." Riot argued.
"Pie that you asked for." Psycho pointed out.
"Don't see why you motherfuckers are so against love." he stated.
"You're a fuckin' idiot." I insulted him.

B signed the receipt and left cash on the table before we all got up to go.

I tried my hardest to avoid eye contact with the men from earlier that sat at the counter.

We made it outside.

"Hey...!" yelled someone from behind us.

We turned around and it was the four men from earlier.

"You done?" one of them asked.
"What's that?" B questioned and took a step forward to hear better.
"With the girl. You done with her?"
B looked back at me.
"You think she's for sale? Fuck is wrong with you?"
The guy chuckled. "Listen, I don't want no problems. Me and my buddies just wanna have a good time and she's the best pick for the next thirty mile radius so far."
"She ain't a fuckin' hooker." Riot spoke up.
"I'll make her one."
"You're pissin' me off, redneck." Riot stated.

"Hey, sweetheart!" the man called to me.
I ignored him and held on to Psycho. This is the most uncomfortable I'd ever been.
"How 'bout you come with me and we show you a good time, huh?" he offered. "You like trains?!" he laughed.
I'm usually argumentative or even a fighter but right now I just felt sick and like I wanted to go home.
The man and his friends were clearly drunk which was strange since it was only 4 in the afternoon.

"Leila, get in the car." B commanded.
I heard him but as he was looking at me, Riot was approaching the four men.
He'd just taken a bullet wound to the arm, he couldn't fight four grown men.

"RIOT, NO!" I shouted.

He spit in the guy's face and as the man tried to wipe it off, Riot sent a right hook and the guy went stumbling backwards.

"LEILA, GET IN THE FUCKIN' CAR!" B shouted.

I hurriedly got to the car and hopped in. My view was blocked by a van parked next to us so I couldn't see what was happening.
I heard a lot of smashing sounds and screaming and wondered what was going on.

"GET UP, BITCH!" I heard someone yell.

I looked behind the car and saw Psycho pushing Riot over here. Riot was still looking towards the men that had yelled at us.

I looked in his hand and saw his gun but he was holding it wrong. Also his knuckles were bloody. Riot fixed the way he held the gun and pointed it but Psycho quickly took it out of his hand then shoved Riot towards the car.

He hopped inside.

I looked into the passenger seat and watched his leg bounce vigorously.
Psycho got in the car next.

"You don't shoot motherfuckers in public." he told Riot.

B came to the car finally.

"I shoulda killed him." Riot stated as he lit his cigarette.
"He ain't gettin' up anytime soon. You fuckin' hit him in the head with a pistol." B replied as we pulled off.

"Leila, you alright?" he asked me.
I nodded.

"Fuckin' BULLSH-..." Riot punched the dashboard.

"Riot." B called.
"I'm fine."