XLVIII

I'd been home for two days now and B insisted on keeping me and Riot separated. I hadn't even seen him in these past two days. I wasn't allowed to ask where he was. If I did B would just glare at me as a way to say shut up.

I didn't really leave my room much. B, Psycho, and Jack would come in to keep me company. Every meal was brought up to my room by Malcolm.
I was capable of moving. B just insisted that I didn't for about another week.

When Riot or Psycho were shot he told them to walk it off but whatever.

"Everything okay?" Jack asked.
"Hm?"
"You've been staring off into space for quite a while." he snickered.
"Oh...yea. I'm fine."
"Feel any pain?"
"No. I'm okay."
"Do I need to get you anything?"
"I'm good, baby." I snickered. "I promise."
"Okay, I'm just making sure. Don't want you to feel any sort of discomfort."
"I know. I appreciate it."
"Of course."

I looked back at the ceiling.

"Well...I hate to do this but B told me I wasn't allowed to stay the night and it's getting pretty late."
"Okay."
"I'll talk to you bright and early tomorrow. I promise."
"Good."
He got up and kissed my cheek. "Goodnight, my love."
"Goodnight." I grinned sweetly.

I watched him walk towards the door and leave.

I was alone with my thoughts again.

____________________________________

My room door was opened and Psycho came in.

"Hey." he greeted.
"Hi."
"How's it goin'?"
"Fine, I guess." I replied.

He took a seat on my bed and laid back over my legs. We both sat there in silence.

"I know you're wondering where he is." he stated as we both looked at the ceiling.
I didn't agree but I didn't disagree either.
"He's here."
I sat up and looked at him.
He turned his head to look at me.

"Where...?" I wondered.
"B keeps him busy all the time. If he doesn't do what he's told then B threatens to kill him."
I looked at the time. 1:56am.
"Is he...busy right now?" I asked softly and looked back at him.
He shook his head. "Might be asleep. B wakes him up at 4 in the morning."
"Oh..." I messed with my blanket over my legs.

He sat up then got out of my bed.

"Where are you goin'?" I wondered.
"No where. I am going to leave and go no where but to my own room. No pit stops."
"Um...okay?"
"Okay. Remember. I went directly to my room."
"Right..."

He left. I laid back and stared at the ceiling again. I suppose the only other thing I could do was go to bed.

I tried to get in a comfortable enough position that didn't bother my wound and closed my eyes.

I'd only been attempting for a few minutes before my door was opened.

I turned to see who it was and immediately sat up.

"Hey..." Riot greeted.
"Hi..."

He closed the door and walked to me. He sat on the bed.
I slid to the edge to sit next to him and winced slightly.

"Be careful." he instructed.
I looked at him.
"How've you been?" he asked.
"I'm okay..."
"Yea?"
I nodded.
"Good."

"I missed you..." he stated.
"Where've you been?" I wondered.
"Doin' shit for B. He wouldn't leave me alone and I can't not do it, but I'm tired. I've driven around the entire state all day. Beating people or collecting money or making deals for hours in a too cold or too hot office room. My hands hurt."
I took his hand and held it in mine.

"He comes to visit you, huh?" he asked and I knew it was Jack that he was referring to.
"Yea. B encourages it. Jack said B calls him and tells him to come keep me company."
He looked at the floor.

"I uhh...I gotta get up early. So I gotta go to bed."
He stood up to walk towards the door but I pulled him back by his hand.

He looked at me.

"Um...I have to shower...and...it hurts me to turn or stretch too far so..."
He pulled me up and I stood in front of him.
I looked at the floor.

I began to feel his lips pressed against my forehead, the side of my face, and then he reached my lips and I kissed him back gently.

"I need you to help me...please..." I said after separating our lips.
"Yea, I'll help you."

____________________________________

We stood in my shower together.
He'd only gotten in because we figured since I'm already taking one...we'd be saving more water rather than having him go to his room and start another shower.
We're just trying to be environmentally friendly. That's all...

He gently washed my back and sides as I stood in front of him. I could feel when he decided to let his lips gently graze my neck or behind my ear.

"Riot..." I called him.
"Yea?"
"It hurts a little."
His hands wrapped to the front of my stomach and he gently held it. "I'm sorry."
I laid my head back against him and he took that as his cue to press sweet kisses into my cheek and neck.
I looked to the side and his lips found mine. We kissed slow at the beginning as if we were trying to give ourselves time to realize what we were doing was wrong and to stop.
But we did the opposite.
It slid deeper.

I felt his hands slide down to in between my thighs. He didn't find the area I expected him to. Instead he felt my thighs and squeezed them.
I could feel him growing behind me and I wondered why he wasn't doing anything about it.

"Don't you wanna be inside...?" I asked softly.
"I don't wanna share your body with anyone."

I thought about Jack.

I was disappointed in myself for the answer I wanted to give.

I felt awful.

I wanted to love them both. That was selfish of me.

I turned around to look at him.

"Riot..."
"Yea?"
"What do you think of me?"