☆touch.

aster's pov

aster's pov

many days later

"Do you like the new couch? I feel like it makes the space more homey." my mom sipped her coffee while she watched me flip through shows on Netflix.

"Yeah it's cool." i stared at the television screen.

"Your dad always wanted the blue theme to the house. Says a lot about that doesn't it." she laughed as she took a seat on the other cream colored couch.

"Yeah." i said again.

To be honest, i don't give a fuck about the couch. Since i've moved back all she's done is talk about the new furniture and decor she bought. I will admit i'm proud that she's doing what she has to do to move on, but i just have other shit on my mind.

"There is like never anything good on here." i groaned in annoyance as i threw the remote to the side of me.

"Should we just play christmas music while we decorate the tree?" she suggested while pointing at the boxes on boxes of christmas decorations she recently bought.

"Sure. Where's the tree?" i raised a brow while looking all over the living room as she looked at me blankly.

"Fuck." she said in realization that she forgot to get a fucking tree.

"Oh my god. How do you forget?" i let out the biggest laugh. I couldn't stop laughing. It's the most i've laughed in a while.

"Okay well that's what we'll do today. Now that you're on school break we have the whole day to do that."

"Yeah, let's do it." i smiled as i stood up to go upstairs.

I left my phone to charge up there to stop myself from temptation. I've been wanting to text Fezco since the break up but i've been stopping myself. I need to distance myself or else i'll beg him to take me back and i'll look like a fool.

When he left the dance i cried myself all the way home to my mom. I was too upset to go back to Fezco's. My options were narrowed down to a few. I no longer had Maddy, and my relationships with the other girls have drifted a lot when i got with Fezco. It's common to put your friends to the side when you get a boyfriend. I didn't want to ask to stay at their houses because i didn't want to be a burden.

My mom was kind of my last resort, because i didn't really know if we'd mend our relationship as a mother and daughter after the years of trauma my father put us through. It's weird because my mom is a totally different person now. She's actually funny, like me. I feel like i know her a lot better. We both were dealing with breakups and divorces so i think that helped us get closer.