☆of

aster's povnext morning

aster's pov
next morning

"Is there a reason why you're making me miss school for this? It better be important Rio." i stormed into his office with my arms crossed. "I cant keep missing school. I have a few months left until i graduate and I'm so behind."

"Not my fucking problem." he shrugged his shoulders while leaning his arms against the desk.

"So what do you want?" i took a seat across from him and leaned against the chair.

"Why were you at Laurie's place yesterday?" he set a picture down of me walking out her apartment.

It still made me a bit uneasy that he kept close attention to every little thing i did. Do i blame him? No because i'm sure a person like him has eyes on him every second of the day. He keeps close eyes on everyone to prevent betrayal. Only those who've been backstabbed do that.

"Remember i told you my friend was in deep trouble and owed Laurie money?" i questioned and he nodded in response. "Well that was me saving her."

He nodded again. "What friend and what kind of trouble?"

"Why does it matter what friend?" i narrowed my eyes.

"Its just a question, Aster. I mean you said it yourself, you wanted us to be open with each other." he smiled. Oh now he wants to be an open book.

"Yeah well that was before you made me kill someone." i hid all emotions. I needed to be strong. I couldn't let Rio think he fucked me up. He probably already knows anyway that hes fucked me up for life.

He remained silent.

"It was Rue." i stared at my sneakers. "She didn't really have the best mindset at the time. She convinced Laurie to give her 10k worth of drugs to sell, except shes a drug addict and was using them instead." i slowly looked up at him.

"I couldnt let her get hurt." my voice grew unsteady. "Shes been through a lot. So thats why i came to you to get this job. I needed to get her out of debt with that weird bitch."

"Yeah well.... that bitch isn't your only problem." i watched as he rubbed his chin and let out a deep sigh before displaying multiple printed photos of not only me, but Fezco, Ash, Custer and Faye. Just us out in the streets living our day to day life. They were all from random days from throughout the month.

My heart immediately dropped. Someone has been watching us and we never knew.

"Relax, i didnt take these," he laughed even though nothing about this was funny or reassuring.