☆you

aster's pov

aster's pov

a few days later

"Aster?"

"Hm?" i stopped my focus from my shoes and transferred it over to the lady in front of me. She had a nice fresh blazer with matching reading glasses that shaped her face so well. Her hair looked so soft and shiny i wanted to touch it. Just looking at her i could tell she had her life together. When my mother and i began to develop a relationship we never had throughout our lives, she suggested i see the same therapist as her. Once my father left her for his other family, she started seeing a therapist. She said it'd be good for me too since we bottled our feelings in for years.

"Our first session last week there was minimal talking and you called for another session. Is something up?" she tilted her head at me in concern. "You haven't said one word since you arrived. I'm worried."

"I saw him last night."

"Saw who?" i watched as she pushed her glasses towards her face, after they slid down her nose.

"Fezco. My ex."

She nodded her head finally understanding. Last week was our first session and the break up was so fresh that it was all i could talk about.Even then, i was still hesitant on opening up about my business because it was my first time meeting her. Break ups will make your just pour your heart out to just anybody. I wanted to rant about it but at the same time i was afraid to open up. "How was it?" she intertwined her hands together on her lap.

"I had this like urge... to um.." i hesitated on admitting it to her. "To show up at his work and pretend like i was okay."

"Okay as in?"

"Like the break up didn't hurt me." i shrugged. "I don't know why i felt the need to prove to him that i wasn't falling apart. That i was happier without him."

She just nodded her head and looked at me. "But that's not really how you feel?" she questioned.

"Fuck no. I miss him. Like i cry every time i'm reminded we're not together." i laid back in the chair and just stared at the lighting fixture. "and in that moment, i thought i could make him take me back, but now i just regret showing up."

"What exactly happened?"

flashback

"Get your nasty ass shoe off my dashboard." i swatted Rue's leg.

"My bad." she mumbled as i turned the car off. "Why are we here? I thought we were going to eat?" she stared out the window then back at me with irritation. She's been hungry for the past hour and i promised we'd go get dinner.