Chapter One.

"A very merry birthday to you!" Xenophilius Lovegood said brightly as a rather miserable (Y/n) (Y/l/n) joined the pair for breakfast. When the older girl sat down, Luna Lovegood beamed over at her, an action that (Y/n) tried and failed to return. Luna proceeded to wave her hands above (Y/n)'s head, riding of the supposed Wrackspurts hovering around (Y/n)'s head.

(Y/n) rose an eyebrow at Xenophilius, silently questioning him. She always knew the Lovegoods were a very peculiar family— her favourite peculiar family, in fact— but just how off was his mental calendar? (Y/n)'s birthday was a week ago— Friday, June 30th— and just a day after the Hogwarts Express had dropped all of the Hogwarts students off. In fact, she had been receiving on-time and late gifts throughout the entire week. She was being very spoiled indeed due to her loss, she reckoned.

"Birthday party, I mean," Xenophilius swiftly corrected. "I have invited all magical families in our area to it." There were three other magical families in Otter St Catchpole: the Diggorys, Fawcetts, and Weasleys. (Y/n) had never met the Fawcetts and was on extremely good terms with at least the Weasleys and Cedric Diggory. "I don't think the Fawcetts will come... I have not recieved an answer from them... But the Weasleys will be arriving at four and we will be heading to the village before then... I don't suppose you'd like to go to your therapist during that time—" A mixture between a whine and a groan came from (Y/n). "All right, all right," Xenophilius said nervously.
(Y/n) had missed her last session due to refusing to leave the Lovegood house and the Lovegoods let her do just that for they understood that (Y/n) was in no mood to talk to anyone, let alone be out for long.

"Will you join us, then?" Luna chirped.  (Y/n) thought for a moment and then nodded her head. Luna beamed, glad (Y/n) was finally going out somewhere that wasn't in their backyard or with Luna to her mum's old workshop.
Luna's mood was through the roof when (Y/n) was actually able to finish the better half of her breakfast without instantly needing to throw it back up. (Y/n)'s appetite had been lost in addition to her miserable mood and she often couldn't eat more than a few bites without immediately throwing it back up. She often forced herself to eat due to feeling bad for not eating the wonderful meals Xenophilius and Luna were preparing specifically for her. They went out of their way to make light foods that (Y/n) could actually stomach.
Half an hour later, (Y/n) and Luna came downstairs after getting dressed. Luna was wearing two different patterns of the same colour scheme but she seemed to pull it off just perfectly. (Y/n) had a grey tanktop beneath a dark brown short-sleeved shirt that she had left unbuttoned. She had both tops tucked into brown pants with a darker plaid pattern that almost wasn't visible. (Y/n) had been wearing a lot of neutral colours in addition to baggier clothes, something that was extremely out of character for (Y/n) during the summertime as darker colours meant getting hotter more quickly.
(Y/n) tied her hair out of her face and held two canvas bags— one on her shoulder, the other in her hands— as she patiently waited for the Lovegoods to get their things. (Y/n) assumed they were going to the various markets available in the local town only during the weekends.

"Try to brighten up," Xenophilius said at length. "I can't imagine the Muggles will miss the Wrackspurts above you..." (Y/n) never had the heart to tell the Lovegoods that Muggles were not aware of magical creatures in the way wizards were.
"Ready?" Xenophilius asked as Luna came back downstairs, humming to herself. Beaming, Luna nodded her head, took (Y/n)'s hand, and led the way outside. Luna happily skipped down the dirt road, swinging (Y/n)'s hand back and forth as she did so. (Y/n) had to walk very quickly to keep up with Luna.

By now, they had reached the Burrow, where the Weasleys lived. Just as they were about to pass the Weasleys' gate, the front door swung open.
"(Y/n)! Luna! Xenophilius!" Molly Weasley greeted brightly. There were a few shouts from inside. "Back! Back! Back!" she told her children, who were trying to pry the door open. Molly had opened it only enough to peek out the door. "You'll see her in a few hours! BACK!"
(Y/n)'s lips twitched up as a window multiple stories up was opened and out popped Ron Weasley's head.