Chapter Fifty-Nine.

"Minnie!" (Y/n) wailed, looking quite hysterical as she ran towards Professor McGonagall, bawling her eyes out.

"What? What is it?" Professor McGonagall asked worriedly, placing her hands on (Y/n)'s arms as (Y/n) stopped, gasping for air due to both her sobs and from running the entire way towards Professor McGonagall's classroom, where the seventh-year O.W.L. students were leaving Transfiguration.

"She... she... she took my jacket!" (Y/n) hiccuped.

"Who? What Jacket?" Professor McGonagall demanded, looking past (Y/n) with a sharp look.

"Umbridge!" (Y/n) choked out.

"We are not resorting to violence!" Professor McGonagall exclaimed as several furious seventh-years whipped out their wands. She turned back to (Y/n). "What jacket? Why did she take it?"

"Technically, it's Cassius's. But he can't really wear it, can he? So, naturally, it went to me because he specifically told Merula Snyde who got what—"

"(Y/n)!" Professor McGonagall interrupted. "Cassius's jacket? As in his Quidditch one?" (Y/n) nodded rapidly. "And did you get a reason for why she took it?"

"Well, she's all 'You aren't in Slytherin, why are you wearing that?' And I'm all, 'It's fine. I've got permission. And she said, 'Well, I've gotten an anonymous tip that a jacket has been stolen.' So I said, 'That can't be possible because I've had this in my closet for nearly a year—'"

"(Y/n)!" Professor McGonagall interrupted again. "Get it out!"

"And she took i... i... it!" (Y/n) wailed hysterically, not caring much for her storying being interrupted. "You know who she gave it to? LIZZIE! I thought she and I were cool, but I was wr-wr-wrong!"
Professor McGonagall breathed angrily.

"I'll get you your jacket back," Professor McGonagall said in a calm rage. "Give me a bit."

"I'm leaving tomorrow," (Y/n) said quietly.

"I'll have it back by your return," Professor McGonagall promised.

"Will you?"

"I will," Professor McGonagall said firmly. "Miss Johnson, Miss Spinnet, please accompany (Y/n) back to... wherever she came from." Angelina and Alicia forced their way through the group of seventh years, each placing an arm around (Y/n) and guiding her off. Specifically towards the Gryffindor tower, regardless of whether or not (Y/n) had come from there. Moments later, the rest of the O.W.L. students joined the three, absolutely seething. Fred, George, and Lee talked in hushed whispers that (Y/n) most definitely heard. When she turned to look back at them, their eyes twinkled.

The Order of the Pheonix perked up as Ted and Andromeda Tonks skipped down the steps into the basement.

"'Dromy," Sirius greeted his favourite cousin with finger guns.

"Siri," Andromeda mocked with the same annunciation as Sirius.

"Tonks and (Y/n) stay behind?" Arthur ventured to ask. Ted and Andromeda exchanged a weary glance.

"No, they're here..." Ted said. "Upstairs with Mattheo..." Several cautious side-eyes were given. "Don't worry. He's got no interest in wanting to be present in the meetings. If it's a problem, I'll go and take him around Muggle London and pick up dinner."

"So... what's the hold-up?" Remus asked.

"Well, you see..." Andromeda began, looking quite exasperated. Before she could continue, Mrs. Black's screams met their ears. Andromeda's exasperation turned into annoyance. "Let me handle this one, please." Without a word, she practically stormed back upstairs to deal with Mrs. Black. 
Curious as to why Mrs. Black was shouting, multiple other people followed Andromeda upstairs. There was the sound of soft cries and frantic shushing coming from the drawing room. Andromeda had quite quickly shut up Mrs. Black before storming over to the drawing room, finding her kid trying to shush a sobbing (Y/n).
"Dora," Andromeda said forcefully, seemingly trying to keep her cool. "What happened this time?" She hurried over and crouched down in front of (Y/n), running her hand through the girl's hair in an attempt to calm her. "What'd you do?" Andromeda asked Tonks accusingly.