Chapter Sixty-One.

The story of Fred and George's flight to freedom was retold so often over the next few days that (Y/n) was sure it would become a Hogwarts legend. In the immediate aftermath of their departure, there was a great wave of talk about copying them, students were frequently saying things like, "Honestly, some days I just feel like jumping on my broom and leaving this place," or else, "One more lesson like that and I might just do a Weasley..."
Fred and George had made sure that nobody was likely to forget them very soon. For one thing, they had not left instructions on how to remove the swamp that now filled the corridor on the fifth floor of the east wing. Umbridge and Filch had been observed trying different means of removing it but without success. Eventually, the area was roped off and Filch, gnashing his teeth furiously, was given the task of punting students across to their classrooms. (Y/n) knew for a fact that professors like McGonagall and Flitwick were more than capable of removing the fountain, but just as in the case of Fred and George's Wildfire Whiz-Bangs, they seemed to prefer to watch Umbridge struggle.
There were two large broom-shaped holes in Umbridge's office door, through which Fred and George's Cleansweeps had smashed to join their masters. Filch fitted a new door and removed Harry's Firebolt to the dungeons where, it was rumoured, Umbridge had set an armed security troll to guard it. However, her troubles were far from over.
Inspired by Fred and George's example, a great number of students were now vying for the newly vacant positions of Troublemakers-in-Chief. (Y/n) wasn't quite sure what she had done to be viewed in a whole new light by the student body, but she seemed to be the centre of the gossip chain— She was the go-to for students that wished to stay out of any acts of rebellion's way, she knew the latest Hogwarts news, and she and Lee were known to be Fred and George's right and left hands. Not at all enjoying the sudden turnaround in opinions regarding her, (Y/n) often tried to avert things off of her.
In spite of the new door, somebody managed to slip in a hairy-snouted niffler into Umbridge's office, which promptly tore the place apart in its search for shiny objects, leapt on Umbridge on her reentrance, and tried to gnaw the rings off her stubby fingers. Dungbombs and Stinkpellets were dropped so frequently in the corridors that it became the new fashion for students to perform Bubble-Head Charms on themselves before leaving lessons, which ensured them a supply of fresh clean air, even though it gave them all the peculiar appearance of wearing an upside-down goldfish bowl.
But not even the students' tactics at Hogwarts could compete with that master of chaos, Peeves, who seemed to have taken Fred's parting words deeply to heart. Cackling madly, he soared through the school, upending tables, bursting out of blackboards, and toppling statues and vases. Twice he shut Mrs. Norris inside suits of armour, from which she was rescued, yowling loudly, by the furious caretaker. He smashed lanterns and snuffed out candles, juggled burning torches over the heads of screaming students, caused neatly stacked piles of parchment to topple into fires or out of windows, flooded the second floor when he pulled off all the taps in the bathrooms, dropped a bag of tarantulas in the middle of the Great Hall during breakfast and, whenever he fancied a break, spent hours at a time floating along after Umbridge and blowing loud raspberries every time she spoke.
None of the staff but Filch seemed to be stirring themselves to help her. Indeed, a week after Fred and George's departure, Harry witnessed Professor McGonagall walking right past Peeves, who was determinedly loosening a crystal chandelier, and could have sworn he heard her tell the poltergeist out of the corner of her mouth, "It unscrews the other way."

Even with all of the chaos happening at Hogwarts, the final match of the Quidditch season was still a highly talked about subject. Gryffindor versus Ravenclaw was to take place on the last weekend of May. It would be a near miracle if the Gryffindor team managed to score enough points to top Ravenclaw for first place.

As (Y/n) and Cho walked behind their team down to the pitch, (Y/n) grew deeply amused by the fact she was able to spot Luna and her eagle hat from where she was.