Chapter Eleven.

"(Y/n)," Regulus whispered as he followed (Y/n) up the stairs. (Y/n) was absolutely exhausted from the meeting.

"Hm?" (Y/n) whispered back.

"Here— Come here," Regulus murmured, guiding (Y/n) into an empty room. Regulus' eyes remained on the doorway for a moment as though making sure no one would be coming.

"What's up?" (Y/n) asked nervously.

"Those women you said were your godmothers," Regulus began, "how long has your mum known them?"

"I don't know," (Y/n) shrugged. "They said they've known her throughout school." Regulus's eyes narrowed in what (Y/n) assumed to be suspicion. "Why?" Before Regulus had the chance to speak, (Y/n) turned and looked at the door, where Dumbledore soon emerged. "Hello, Professor."

"I was hoping I could catch a word with you," Dumbledore spoke to (Y/n).

"Of course." Dumbledore nodded once and his eyes fell onto Regulus.

"I suspect you have gotten and read my letter?" Dumbledore asked.

"I... have," Regulus said at length.

"And I hope you will hold through?"

"I don't agree with your views, Dumbledore," Regulus said. "And I never have. I will act as a second agent during Death Eater meetings, but I draw the line at withholding information from (Y/n)." (Y/n) tried not to smile. "She deserves to know." There was a tense moment of silence.

"Sirius is looking for you, Reggie," (Y/n) said quietly. "We'll talk later, all right?" Regulus turned his eyes on (Y/n), looking extremely reluctant to leave. Dumbledore's eyes followed Regulus and only after he was entirely out of earshot did he turn back to (Y/n). A soft smile came to Dumbledore's face.

"How is the case going?"

"Good... I've got the evidence and I'm in contact with whoever I need to 'bring to the stand' or whatever the term is," (Y/n) said. "I'm practising my delivery with Alice and Lily and they've suggested practising in front of the Order to get a better feeling of actually being in court."

"That does sound like a nice idea," Dumbledore said, pausing in thought. "Yes, that would be best. Can you be prepared by tomorrow?"

"Uh... I'll give it my best," (Y/n) said nervously.

"That's what I like to hear."

"Hermione's livid!" Fred exclaimed upon spotting (Y/n). She was about to pass the sitting room where all the boys were gathered.

"Hm? Why?" (Y/n) asked, panicked.

"She got honey and baby powder in her hair!" George answered. "Well... She didn't. We suspect Tonks set the prank up. They were the only one who could have." (Y/n) bit her tongue as to not smile.

"How'd she get baby powder and honey in her hair?"

"Someone trip wired Harry and Ron's room," Fred said. "They're all mad at us even though we had nothing to do with it!"

"It was supposed to be for only Ron."

"Exactly— Huh?" George blinked at (Y/n). (Y/n)'s lips turned up. 

"I was upset with him over revealing my little ear problem because now I have to be apart of the Order meetings rather than just listening in on them," (Y/n) said. "But I forgive him and now I'll have to kiss Ginny, Harry, and Hermione's feet for the next month."

"You did it?" Fred gaped.

"Too bad no one will believe you," (Y/n) said with a twinkle in her eyes. She turned and called for Hermione. Fred and George stared after her in a mixture of awe and adoration. (Y/n) stopped outside the bathroom, finding Dorcas and Mary, both of whom were experts in Black hair, helping Hermione rid of the honey in her hair. The baby powder was long since gone. "Any idea who did it?" Hermione looked at (Y/n) whilst keeping her head tilted back. She pouted and shook her head.