Chapter Forty-Six.

(Y/n) was extremely tense for the days leading up to Christmas. As much as she tried to keep up the happy facade, it was taking a toll on her. Whenever she assumed Ginny and Hermione were asleep, she'd cry herself to sleep. Replying to Fleur Delacour's letter, begging to meet up at a Muggle coffee shop in the near future was the only thing keeping (Y/n) going. Remus knew full well that (Y/n) had every intent to get out of that house and Olivia was fully on board the moment Remus had brought it up to her.
Grimmauld Place was nearly unrecognizable with the amount of decorating they had all been working hard on. The tarnished chandeliers were no longer hung with cobwebs but with garlands of holly and gold and silver streamers; magical snow glittered in heaps over the threadbare carpets; a great Christmas tree, obtained by Mundungus and decorated with live fairies, blocked Sirius's family tree from view; and een the stuffed elf heads on the hall wall wore Christmas hats and beards.

On Christmas morning, (Y/n) was awoken by the slight movement of Ginny getting out of bed, groggily rubbing her eyes. (Y/n) rolled onto her back and sat up, stretching and glancing around the room. Hermione was already dressed. She didn't seem to have wanted to open presents without the other two.

"I've rewound Home Alone if you want to try and watch it before we go visit Mr. Weasley," Hermione said, noticing both girls were awake.

"Sure," Ginny nodded. So far, Nightmare Before Christmas was the only movie the three girls could agree on watching. Of the Christmas movies (Y/n) had picked for Mary to go and get, Ginny loved Gremlins but Hermione hated it; the family-oriented movies were too cheesy for all of them; the cartoons were nostalgic for Hermione and (Y/n) but boring for Ginny; Ginny and Hermione were never in the mood for crying over Dead Poets Society.
During the previews, Ginny, Hermione, and (Y/n) began opening their gifts. They had opted to start with the gifts they got for one another. Ginny and (Y/n) unwrapped the book-shaped packages. The cover of Ginny's journal was galaxy and when she opened it, the first page said, "Shoot for the moon! Even if you miss, you'll land among the stars!"
(Y/n) grinned down at her journal. Her grin instantly vanished at the woodsy scenery with a plain forest fox peaking around a tree. The pages were ranging shades of greens, blues, and yellows, each with the border of a different forest ground. The forest swayed as though being blown in the wind, a sign that the page was empty just as the forest was still.

"Thanks, Hermione," (Y/n) said. "I'll use it a lot... even if you got the wrong fox."

"Fox on the run," Ginny sang without missing a beat, swaying. Annoyance crossed (Y/n)'s face.

"Whatever," (Y/n) mumbled. "Just open my presents." Ginny and Hermione quickly obliged. Hermione beamed at the sight of a new leather bag in the very design as her old one. (Y/n) knew Hermione had been moaning forever about needing a new bag before hers ripped. Inside the bag were a few leatherbound notebooks, each engraved with HJG. Ginny had a brand new pair of up-to-date converse on which (Y/n) had embroidered with small things that screamed 'Ginny Weasley.' This came with a few pairs of socks and interchangeable shoestrings.

"I thought they stopped making these," Hermione said, holding up the bag.

"They did," (Y/n) mumbled. "I had to make a whole pattern for it and there's no similar leather material in either of the Hogsmeade fabric stores—"

"I love it!" Hermione interrupted. (Y/n) held a thumbs up. Ginny was still grinning down at the sneakers.

"How much did these cost?" Ginny blurted.

"I'm not going to tell you," (Y/n) said, "but I did have a coupon and as nice as it is to give my old shoes a second life in you, you deserve your own new things too." Ginny looked thoroughly torn between wanting to deny the gift's price and between owning her own thing. "I'm not taking it back," (Y/n) said simply. "Marlene's already gifted me black converse for my last birthday and those aren't being retired anytime soon."