Chapter Forty-One.

Blair and Penny exchanged a fist bump at the sight of (Y/n) and Olivia actually being able to talk to one another. They had been worried that (Y/n) would have held a grudge, but they had been proven wrong.

"Who's she?" Ginny whispered to Lily Potter. She and Hermione had attached themselves to the older women in their lives.

"Olivia Green," Mary Macdonald answered. "She was two years below us. I don't know how they know each other though... She wasn't close to (Y/m/n)..."

"Speaking of (Y/m/n)..." said Hermione, "how'd she find this place?" Amused smiles crossed their faces.

"If you asked her, she'd tell you that she was crying her eyes out beside the statue," Lily answered. "But I don't know how true that is... nor do I know why she would wander her to the gardens..."

"Well... I guess there's a reason for the weeping woman statue," said Ginny.

"Penelope!" (Y/n) beamed. Cho and Penelope Clearwater perked up. Cho was looking at the ring on Penelope's hand. "Did you get engaged?"

"No. Promise ring," Penelope smiled. "One day, though..." 

"Family reunion, eh?" Blair said, smirking at Cho, Penelope, (Y/n), and Olivia. Cho beamed and held up the camera she had stolen from (Y/n). Exasperation crossed (Y/n)'s face.

"How do you keep finding my cameras?"

"You're really bad at hiding them," Cho shrugged.

"I shouldn't need to!" (Y/n) exclaimed.

"How often does this happen?" Blair mused.

"Just as of recent," (Y/n) answered, shaking her head. "I completely forgot that I brought cameras to school in my first year and then I thought I lost them or they were stolen, so I naturally asked for new ones so now I've got a little collection that's definitely getting stolen now," she stared at Cho as she finished her explanation.

"We've only got two years left!" Cho said defensively. "And there's probably going to be a war... Don't you want memories before the storm?"

"Not of me!"

"Yes, of you!"

"Was I right about you eventually finding your person?" Olivia asked as people began taking their parting from the reunion.

"I suppose I have," (Y/n) said. "I attached myself to Remus when he was my professor and he's been my biggest parental figure... But he can't be here all the time, can he?" She paused. "I guess I'm still looking for safe places and my home because they keep leaving."

"Leaving or moving around?" Olivia asked.

"Leaving," (Y/n) mumbled. "I really struggle to make lasting connections and I always end up switching the station before I'm able to lean on it too much... And I'm scared they'll get tired of it and suddenly they'd all be gone. I'm scared that I don't get enough love to receive any in return and if I just stop, they'll—"

"(Y/n)," Olivia said sternly. "Someone who loves you is going to stay by your side no matter how much you hit and shove them away. And I'm not solely talking about romantic love."

"Yeah, but—"

"No buts," Olivia said. "There are none. Someone that wants to stay, will. And they'll be there helping you heal and healing with you, okay?" In all honesty, (Y/n) missed having someone around who would give her tough love and not let her talk down on herself.

"I miss having you around," (Y/n) mumbled. Olivia smiled.

"Me too," Olivia said. "Hey, um, I know you've got your little ski trip with..."