Chapter Sixty-Nine.

Harry and (Y/n) both perked up, almost doubting that Sirius was still all right in the short amount of time they had fallen out of sight. 

Sirius stared at (Y/n) as though she herself had raised the stars, moon, and sun.

(Y/n) groaned in relief, bowing her head and resting it against the forearm that she placed on the bench in front of her. She heard Harry fly to his feet and leap from step to step to reach Sirius. From the sounds of it, Kingsley had picked up the duel with Bellatrix the moment she started throwing a tantrum.

"You all right?" Neville asked nasally. There was a tapping sound from which Neville's feet lightly hit the ground. (Y/n) silently pointed her wand at him, stopping his dancing feet. "Thanks..." (Y/n) half-heartedly held a thumbs up.

"I'm taking a nice, long nap after this," (Y/n) mumbled.

"That sounds real nice," Neville agreed. (Y/n) finally raised her head and twisted, cracking her back. She stretched her arms out in front of her, looking around.
Mad-Eye Moody had crawled over to the unconscious Tonks and was attempting to revive them. There were still flashes of light, grunts, and cries around the room. Alice was hurrying over to Neville, who had gotten up to meet her. Harry, James, and Remus were all with Sirius, immensely relieved that he was still alive. Remus was scolding Sirius whilst James was more hysterical over the idea of almost losing his best friend. (Y/n) had been right about Kingsley taking over the duel against Bellatrix.
For the second time since they arrived at the Ministry, (Y/n) took her hair out of the claw clip, which had loosened immensely. and combed through it. She twisted her hair and made to clip her hair back in place. She was soon to grow livid as the claw broke before she was able to do so. Angrily, she tossed the broken pieces of her clip down, not acknowledging Sirius's shout of her name until she was sure all of the plastic pieces were out of her hair. She turned her head painstakingly slow to specifically get on Sirius's nerves. Sirius, however, did not seem to care at all. (Y/n) held a peace sign up at him.

"That's three times I owe you," Sirius said. (Y/n)'s peace sign quite smoothly turned into a rather rude gesture.

"It's four," Marlene corrected.
There was a loud bang and a yell from behind Harry, James, Remus, and Sirius. Kingsley, yelling in pain, hit the ground. Bellatrix Lestrange turned tail and ran as Dumbledore whipped around. He aimed a spell at her but she deflected it. She was halfway up the steps now. (Y/n) just narrowly ducked a flash of green light.

"Harry— no!" Remus cried, but Harry was already pelting after Bellatrix. (Y/n) scrambled to her feet the moment Harry started leaping up the stone benches. 

"This one's mine, Potter," (Y/n) said.

"In your dreams, (Y/l/n)," Harry retorted, following (Y/n) up the benches. The two of them ignored the shouts behind them. Bellatrix's robes whipped out of sight ahead and they were back in the room where the brains were swimming.
Bellatrix aimed a curse over her shoulder. The tank rose into the air and tipped. Harry was deluged in the foul-smelling potion within. The brains slipped and slid over him and began spinning their long, coloured tentacles, but Harry shouted, "Wingardium Leviosa!" and they flew into the air away from him.
Penny, Lily, Dorcas, and Frank, each of whom were caring for one of the kids, had all whipped in their direction the moment they heard running footsteps.

"Harry! (Y/n)!" the adults cried as the pair ran past them. Harry had needed to leap over the groaning Luna, who was just barely stirring, clutching her head.

"Harry— (Y/n)— what—?" Ginny tried asking as they ran past her two. Ron giggled feebly as they passed and Hermione, whom Lily was hovering over, was still unconscious. (Y/n) wrenched open the door into the circular black hall and saw Bellatrix disappearing through a door on the other side of the room— beyond her was the corridor leading back to the lifts.
They ran, but Bellatrix slammed the door behind her and the walls had begun turning again. Once more were they surrounded by streaks of blue light from the whirling candelabra.