Chapter Forty-Four.

"Where'd (Y/n) go?" Hermione asked.

"(Y/n)'s here?" Fred beamed.

"Right here," (Y/n) said, walking down the stairs. "I was getting Hermione's and I's things to our... room..." she trailed off, catching Anastasia's glare directed her way. Anastasia looked to be readying to leave. "What'd I do this time?" (Y/n) frowned.

"Nothing," Remus said, eyeing Anastasia almost challengingly. "(Y/n) has done nothing."

"We're talking tomorrow," Anastasia said firmly.

"Here we go," (Y/n) said under her breath. Harry, Ron, Hermione, Ginny, Fred, and George all stared expectantly at her, waiting for her to speak up in defence of herself. "Right. Sure," (Y/n) agreed, smiling forcefully and nodding at Anastasia. Exasperation crossed several faces. George cleared his throat and raised his pitch.

"'It's so nice to see you, (Y/n)! I'm so proud to see how much you've healed!'" George exclaimed mockingly.

"George!" Molly cried.

"What? I am," George said innocently.

"Gross," (Y/n) said. George stuck his tongue out back at (Y/n). The two looked back at the fireplace as green flames lit up. Anastasia stepped into it and then she was gone. (Y/n) let out a deep breath that she wasn't aware she was holding.

"So, uh, you girls got here pretty late, huh?" James said, breaking the silence. "I thought the end of your term ended at after your last class."

"(Y/n) got detention," Hermione frowned. (Y/n) stared at her in betrayal.

"Hermione!"

"And she wasn't released until 8:00 because that's the longest she can stay without getting the professor in trouble," Hermione said.

"Really? She could've gotten in trouble?" (Y/n) asked.

"Don't—"

"I should've stayed later."

"No," Hermione said, shaking her head disapprovingly.

"A little sacrifice for the sacking of a..." (Y/n) trailed off. "I'd call her a witch, but that'd be an insult to me."

"I can think of another word that ends in 'itch,'" Ginny said. The room was filled with laughter.

(Y/n) chose to ignore the sounds Tonks made to try and mimic a keyboard. They were only slightly off in comparison to the song that played. (Y/n) was far more interested in the soap opera playing next door. This one was entirely in Spanish and (Y/n) could only understand bits and pieces due to her knowing Latin.

"It doesn't hurt me," Tonks sang quietly, overdramatizing Kate Bush's voice. "Do you wanna feel how it feels?" (Y/n)'s lips turned up

"I love Kate Bush as much as the next girl," said Penny, "but I'm surprised you haven't gotten bored of the same song over and over again."

"Have you listened to the lyrics, Penny?" Tonks asked in a whisper-shout. "Of course she hasn't gotten bored..."

"I'm more of a 'Cloudbusting' girl," Penny answered.

"I have Hounds of Love, listen to it," Tonks said simply. Penny rolled her eyes fondly at her partner.

"This doesn't just have Running Up That Hill on it," (Y/n) said, vaguely motioning down to her walkman. "It's, like, every three songs... Gotta let my feelings process, you know... Like a photo."

"Like a photo," Penny repeated, nodding her head in amusement.

"Speaking of letting your feelings process," Ginny said loudly. Hermione's head shot up. "Would you say you like caramel, Harry?" Harry choked into his glass, making Ron and George pat him on the back until he had a stable breathing pattern. (Y/n) stopped chewing and turned to look the other teenagers' direction. Harry had purposefully sat on the other end of the table to (Y/n) and (Y/n) had been roped into sitting with Tonks, Bill, and Penny.