Chapter Five.

The trunk fell to the floor with a loud slam. Ginny and Hermione flinched very hard, staring at (Y/n) with frightened eyes.

"Don't do that!" Hermione breathed out, her hand over her heart. She came over and helped (Y/n) drag the trunk into the room.

"What was that?" Ron cried from down the hall.

"Nothing! Go away!" Ginny shouted before shutting and locking the door. "What is it?" she asked, staring expectantly as (Y/n) and Hermione, out of breath, collapsed on the floor.

"My mum's... time capsule," (Y/n) panted, sitting on her knees and pulling her mum's key and chain from around her neck. "I locked it when I left it with Regulus without realizing, so now I've gotta find Pettigrew and Sirius' wands," she explained, pushing the lid open. The three girls stared into the over-filled trunk.

"Well, that shouldn't be too hard," Hermione said.

"It's got an expansion charm... and it's filled to the brim," (Y/n) said miserably.

"Oh..." Hermione trailed off.

"Hey, (Y/n), can you still hear the meeting going on downstairs? Even with the Imperturbed Charm?" Ginny ventured to ask.

"Um..." (Y/n) paused. She had been tuning out any voice talking around her other than Hermione and Ginny's. "Yeah, but it's far quieter than it'd normally be," she said at length. Both Hermione and Ginny's eyes lit up. "Why?" (Y/n) asked nervously, not at all liking the look on the girls' faces.

"Glad we have at least someone to tell us what's going on," Ginny said vaguely.

"I am not telling you what's going on downstairs," (Y/n) stated. "I'll get in trouble! You guys aren't the only one's that know I've got hearing skills, you know? Dumbledore, your dad, Bill, Charlie... That's the end of it, I think... Maybe Regulus. I don't know about that though."

"Reg— Regulus?" Hermione choked.

"Remember Dumbledore wanted me to get Regulus on our side and I told you it'd be an easy task?" (Y/n) said.

"You didn't speak a word for weeks!" Hermione exclaimed.

"Oh, right..." (Y/n) murmured.

"I was surprised to get a whole sentence out of her," Ginny commented. "Never stop talking. I like your voice." (Y/n), very flustered, turned her attention back onto the trunk. She pulled out a pile of binders.

"Will you organize these by year, Hermione?" (Y/n) requested, spotting the years on the side.

"Sure..." Hermione agreed, accepting the binders. "What are they?"

"Dunno."

"...may I have a look?" Hermione asked in a small voice.

"Go for it," (Y/n) agreed. Hermione looked at the dates before selecting the oldest— Summer of 1977

"Oh, (Y/n)!" Hermione exclaimed. "It's pictures! Of your mum and her friends, I reckon... That looks awfully a lot like Harry... Probably James... Yeah, that's Lily, I think..." (Y/n) and Ginny peered into the binder. The page has six polaroids glued into place with decorative tape, torn pages, quotes, writing, and pressed flowers loitering the pages. (Y/n) assumed the binder used to be a photo album that had been preserved in sheet protectors. There were little captions for each photo.
James writing a horrible poem for Lily— Taken by (Y/m/n) Whistler, including a picture of a young James Potter writing something; Remus Lupin contemplating life— Taken by Lily Evans, including a picture of Remus staring off into the distance; Disgusting idiots (affectionately)— Taken by Marlene McKinnon, including a picture of all four Marauders merely walking; Sirius and an unwilling Lily— Taken by (Y/m/n) Whistler, including a picture of a screaming Lily on Sirius' shoulders in a lake; James and Lily ;)— Taken by Alice Fortesque, the picture had James and Lily sitting beside each other, smiling at one another; PADFOOT AND MOONS— TAKEN BY JAMES POTTER, including a very shaky photo of Remus and Sirius exchanging a kiss.
All the pictures were moving, making (Y/n) beam and watching them over and over again. When (Y/n) looked up, Hermione and Ginny were staring at her with heart eyes that she most definitely didn't miss.