Chapter Sixteen.

"Good morning," (Y/n) greeted pleasantly as she and Dumbledore strode back into the courtroom. She peered around the room, hoping her grimace wasn't visible. "What a professional setting," she murmured.

"Miss (Y/l/n)," Fudge called. (Y/n) peered up, smiling. "This is your final chance to back away without having any charges or records against you."

"Thank you, Minister," said (Y/n). "But I do not agree with the Magic community's unjust way and if I am banned from it during my path of justice, then so be it."

"Very well..." Madam Bones mused. She looked rather impressed with (Y/n)'s firm foot.

"Where do we begin? I'm sure you're all aware of the charges against Mr. Sirius Black III?" (Y/n) asked peering up at them all before looking around for a place to set down her notes.

"Here," Dumbledore said, Transfiguring one of the spare chairs into a desk.

"Thank you," (Y/n) smiled, tapping her stack of paper against the table before licking her finger and separating some of the pages. "Can you send these up to them?" she whispered. Dumbledore hummed and accepted the six or so pages, tapped them with his wand, and sent them flying upwards, where they hovered in the air until someone took them.
"For obvious reasons, the accused cannot be present today, but I have taken his testimony, handwritten and copied at my local paper shop," (Y/n) said professionally. "Need I read it to you?"

"We can do it ourselves, thank you very much," Fudge said rather impatiently. (Y/n) smiled and nodded her head, taking a moment to reread Sirius's testimony for herself. She passed it to Dumbledore next, growing rather exasperated with how petty Sirius had written up his testimony. She patiently waited as the papers were passed down and the members of Wizengamot scanned over the paper, some of which grew annoyed the Sirius's pettiness. Only when she had their full attention before opening her mouth to continue.

"Miss (Y/l/n)," Madam Bones said, "depending on what evidence and how much you have prepared, we may need to cut things off at ten this morning, but I am sure we can all continue this through the week?"

"Of course," (Y/n) nodded. Having been interrupted, (Y/n) lost some of her flare and knowing she was on a time crunch, (Y/n) scrambled to find where to begin. Dumbledore, sensing her nerves, gave her a comforting nod, encouraging her to continue. "A-as we all know, Mr. Black escaped the Azkaban Prison during the summer of 1993 and has since managed to stay out of the Ministry's watchful eye. In 1994, Hogwarts had the great pleasure of getting a visit from Mr. Black... I believe we'll only have time to watch a video of my, Harry Potter's, Ron Weasleys', and Hermione Granger's meeting of Mr. Black. Mr. Fudge, I believe you have already seen this video, but the Wizengamot has not?"

"That would be correct," Fudge nodded.

(Y/n) nodded her head and gave Dumbledore her video camera and Dumbledore cast the very same charm he used to project Quidditch games, Muggle Studies projects, and, as of last year, the Tasks for the Triwizard Tournament. Once a black screen was visible, (Y/n) pressed play on her camera, watching through the viewer of her camera and listening.
The very beginning of the video had showed Remus explaining his experience with the Marauders' Map, which the Ministry would not know about and (Y/n) would not be telling them about it. The video went on to show a lot of Hermione, Ron, and Harry's refusal to believe Peter Pettigrew was an Animagus under the alias of Scabbers. This didn't stop Remus and Sirius from getting their story in and eventually the sight of Severus Snape being knocked out via multiple Disarming spells was shown. There was an explanation of Sirius wishing for the Secret Keeper to be changed from himself to Peter. It was only under a lot of reassurance that Ron had finally agreed to let Remus and Sirius reveal Peter's true form.
A few of the witches and wizards' eyes bulged at the sight of the vaguely familiar Peter Pettigrew, who should have been dead at the young age of twenty-one. The video continued to go on, showing Peter digging his own grave. He eventually admitted to his crimes under the excuse of being killed if he continued defying Voldemort. The video ended with Remus's words of 'Goodbye, Peter.'