Chapter Sixty-Two.

"(Y/n), you good?" Katie asked, eyeing (Y/n), who had joined Katie in the Gryffindor tower to celebrate the fact that they passed their Apparition tests. (Y/n) got up and flew over to one of the windows facing Hagrid's hut. A confused Alicia, Angelina, Katie, and Lee followed. They saw red flashes that merely bounced off a dark figure that went unseen.

"They've snuck up on Hagrid!" (Y/n) fumed.

"Is that who's down there?" Lee gaped.

"McGonagall's down there!" (Y/n) added. There were multiple red flashes that had been directed in a different direction, making all of their jaws drop.

"Did they hit her?" Angelina demanded. Her suspicions were confirmed at the sight of (Y/n) covering her mouth.

"I'll run up to Madam Pomfrey," Alicia volunteered, rushing out of the room.

"What do we do?" Katie asked.

"There's nothing we can do," Angelina said, pacing. "You saw what they did to McGonagall— well, not literally..."
They all fell silent and Alicia returned to the Gryffindor after some time. It was quite some time before the door flew open and a furious and frantic group of previously testing Gryffindors came in, finally finished with their Astronomy O.W.L..
Seamus and Dean broke into what they had heard and seen through their telescopes, which had matched up with what the others had seen. Hermione, Ron, and Harry came in shortly after everyone else.
"But why sack hagrid now?" Angelina as she shook her head. "It's not like Trelawney, he's been teaching much better than usual this year!"

"Umbridge hates part-humans," said Hermione bitterly, flopping down into an armchair.

"Funny, considering she's one herself," (Y/n) grumbled. The others whipped their heads in her direction.

"What do you know?"

"Her dad's a squib and her mom's a Muggle," (Y/n) said dismissively. There were several evil grins across the room.

"She was always going to try and get Hagrid out..." Hermione mumbled.

"And she thought Hagrid was putting nifflers in her office," piped up Katie.

"Oh blimey," said Lee, covering his mouth. "It's me's been putting the nifflers in her office, Fred and George left me a couple, I've been levitating them through her window..."

"She'd have sacked him anyway," said Dean. "He was too close to Dumbledore."

"That's true," said Harry, sinking into an armchair beside Hermione's.

"I just hope Professor McGonagall's all right," said Lavender tearfully.

"They carried her back up to the castle, we watched through the dormitory window," said Colin Creevey. "She didn't look very well..."

"Madam Pomfrey will sort her out," said Alicia firmly. "She's never failed yet."

"One week left in this hellhole," Lee mumbled.

"For you," Ron said miserably.

"Something's going to happen to her," (Y/n) insisted. "And if not... well, I suppose someone in this room will be willing to give me an alibi." There were murmurs of confirmation.

"You can still be traced back to a Killing Curse," Hermione said.

"Yes, but we've seen that the Ministry does not care for discovering the right suspect," (Y/n) said. 

"In other words: 'Down with Dumbledore'?" Dean mused. (Y/n)'s eyes twinkled.

"You said it, not me," (Y/n) said.