Chapter Fifty-Six.

"Ready?" Cho asked as she finished lacing up her boot.

"Yep," (Y/n) said, securing her gloves in place with velcro. The two grabbed their brooms and walked out of the locker room, shortly joining their team.

"Let's try not and break—" Roger cut himself off when (Yn) slammed her foot down on his. "Let's win, team!" Roger corrected nervously. "But seriously, I'm genuinely concerned about our safety this year. Have you seen the Slytherin team?"

"Since they can't beat anyone up in the school, I'm scared they're going to take it out on us," Cho said anxiously.

"Don't get hit, please," Roger said, facing (Y/n).

"Worry about yourself," (Y/n) jeered.

"I'll worry about myself when I see a year that Slytherin doesn't target you!"

"Whatever," (Y/n) grumbled, shuffling after the rest of the team. Roger jogged ahead.

"Are you coming to the Ravenclaw party tonight?" Cho asked, looking pleadingly at (Y/n).

"What makes you think my answer is going to change?" (Y/n) asked.

"Because you love me?" Cho said, batting her eyelashes. (Y/n) tilted her head back and smiled at Cho.

"You're right, I do," (Y/n) confirmed.

"I can't believe we'll ever get to play a game with her again," George moped.

"Summers exist," Ginny said in a 'duh' tone. Fred and George side-eyed one another, making Ginny raise an eyebrow.

During the game, (Y/n) found herself needing to dodge a Bludger more often than not. With two Chasers on her tail and Adrian heading towards her from the Slytherin end, (Y/n) was on high alert, very aware of Crabbe and Goyle taking their aim for her. At the last second, she took a sharp dive, narrowly missing two Bludgers and hearing a loud CRACK from the collision that potentially could have had her sandwiched. As the Chasers followed her, (Y/n) threw the Quaffle up at Daniel Bradley, who had clear sailing over to the Slytherin goal.
The game had lasted a little over an hour and, in their own ways, both teams managed to be head and head. (Y/n) had been unable to dodge multiple Bludgers and breathing became quite the chore. Cho wound up catching the Snitch, making Ravenclaw win by one hundred and sixty points
(Y/n) grimaced, holding her shoulder as she flew down to the ground. Right before it was revealed who caught the Snitch, Crabbe and Goyle had hit two Bludgers at (Y/n), nailing her in the shoulder and the wrist of the same side. She had held up her hands in order to avoid getting a pelt to the face but the Bludger had pulled one of her hands back at a very bad angle. As he had hit it while the game was still going, (Y/n) was positive they would get off scot-free. (Y/n) had to choose between holding her broom and holding her shoulder. She chose her broom.

"You good?" Cho hollered as she safely landed. The rest of the team, looking extremely furious despite their win, had landed shortly after Cho. (Y/n) had her arm bent against her torso as though she didn't want to move her arm.

"All good," (Y/n) said forcefully. But the team threw nasty looks at the smug-looking Slytherins.

"You've got it easy here, Mudblood," Miles Bletchley hollered. "If you can't do anything without your guard dogs, I wish you luck in the real world!" (Y/n) held her broom out to prevent anyone from storming over to the Slytherins. She kept her back to the cackling group in favour of staring sternly at her team

"Leave it," (Y/n) said firmly. "You're going to get yourselves banned from your last Hogwarts game if you do anything..." Absolutely seething, the team agreed. (Y/n) didn't lower her broom until they started walking to the locker rooms. Even then Jason, Duncan, and Grant had slowed their pace to fall behind Cho and (Y/n) as though to protect them. (Y/n) rolled her eyes, smiling and shaking her head fondly nonetheless.
Cho held the door to the girls' locker room open for (Y/n) before slipping inside herself. While she did change, Cho continuously kept looking in (Y/n)'s direction. (Y/n) was only changing with one arm. (Y/n) took off her jersey and her long-sleeved black shirt last and as she pulled it off, she heard a loud gasp from Cho. Confused and mortified, (Y/n) held her shirt to her chest as Cho gaped.