Chapter Sixty-Seven.

Harry saw the knees of the Death Eaters bend. Poking his wand out from under the desk, he shouted, "STUPEFY!"
A jet of red light hit the nearest Death Eater; he fell backward into a grandfather clock and knocked it over. The second Death Eater, however, had leapt aside to avoid Harry's spell and now pointed his own wand at Hermione, who had crawled out from under the desk to get a better aim.

"Avada—"

Harry launched himself across the floor and grabbed the Death Eater around the knees, causing him to topple and aim to go awry. Neville overturned his desk in his anxiety to help; pointing his wand wildly at the struggling pair, he cried, "EXPELLIARMUS!"
Both Harry's and the Death Eater's wands flew out of their hands and soared toward the entrance of the Hall of Prophecy, where (Y/n) quite smoothly caught Harry's wand and swooped up the other; Both scrambled to their feet to charge for their wands. (Y/n), however, held the Death Eater's wand as though threatening to break it.

"Get out of the way, Harry!" yelled Neville, clearly determined to repair the damage. Harry flung himself sideways and (Y/n) flew out of the Death Eater's path as Neville took aim again and shouted, "STUPEFY!"

(Y/n) grew grateful to have stepped aside, for the jet of red light flew right over the Death Eater's shoulder and hit a glass-fronted cabinet on the wall full of various-shaped hourglasses. The cabinet fell to the floor and burst apart, glass flying everywhere, then sprang back up onto the wall, fully mended, then fell down again, and shattered—
During the time (Y/n) was distracted, the Death Eater reached her and started trying to yank his wand away from her. (Y/n), however, seemed to have panicked and forgotten she had her own wand on her, for she punched the Death Eater right in the face, allowing Hermione to scream "STUPEFY!" without stunning (Y/n) in the process.
The jet of red light hit the Death Eater in the middle of his chest; he froze, his arm still raised to grab (Y/n), and he collapsed backward toward the bell jar. Harry expected to her a clunk, for the man to hit solid glass and slide off the jar onto the floor, but instead, his head sank through the surface of the bell jaw as though it was nothing but a soap bubble and he came to rest, sprawled on his back, with his head lying inside the jar full of glittering wind.

"Catch," (Y/n) said, tossing Harry his wand before starting to walk back towards the group. She finally broke the Death Eater's wand, opting to keep the wand in case they needed to identify any Death Eaters.

"Thanks," Harry said, "right, let's get out."

"Look out!" said Neville, horrified, staring at the Death Eater's head in the bell jar. All four of them raised their wands again, but none of them struck. They were all gazing, openmouthed, appalled, at what was happening to the man's head.
It was shrinking very fast, growing balder and balder, the black hair and stubble retracting into his skull, his cheeks smooth, his skull round and covered with peachlike fuzz...
A baby's head now sat grotesquely on top of the thick, muscled neck of the Death Eater as he struggled to get up again. But even as they watched, their mouths open, the head began to swell to its previous proportions again, thick black hair was sprouting from the pate and chin...

"It's time," said Hermione in an awestruck voice. "Time..."
The Death Eater shook his ugly head again, trying to clear it, but before he could pull himself together again, it began to shrink back to babyhood once more...
There was a shout from a room nearby, then a crash and a scream. (Y/n)'s head whipped in the direction the scream came from.

"RON?" Harry yelled, turning quickly from the monstrous transformation taking place before them. "GINNY? LUNA?"
The Death Eater had pulled his head out of the bell jar. His appearance was uttering bizarre, his tiny baby's head bawling loudly while his thick arms flailed dangerously in all directions, narrowly missing Harry, who ducked. Harry raised his wand but to his amazement, Hermione seized his arm.