Chapter Two.

"Away we go," Molly said. "I'm sure the boys'll find their way to the Lovegoods... eventually."
(Y/n) smiled at Molly, taking her leave with Ginny and Molly. Molly walked with a cake box in her arms. A packet of candles was balanced atop it and (Y/n) was very excited. She hadn't gotten to blow candles out since her twelfth birthday. 

"Will I have time to change?" (Y/n) asked softly.

"I'm sure you will," Molly answered. (Y/n) pumped her fist and Molly smiled.

(Y/n)'s glee for blowing out candles was where her glee for a party ended. Parties were not (Y/n)'s choice of spending a night. She'd rather spend her time in her room and be able to curl up and cry rather than be with people who cared for her well being and who would, likely, go out of their way to prevent her from crying. (Y/n)'s social battery was long past drained and now she had a party to attend? She didn't go to parties regularly, who thought it'd be good to throw a party centring her? A party in which she didn't deem it socially acceptable to leave until her guests were all gone? Who knew when that could be?

"You're dreading this, aren't you?" Ginny whispered once her mum was out of earshot.

"Is it that noticeable?" (Y/n) whispered back. "Well, I guess I'll deal with it. I pretend on the daily. What's a party to me?"

"(Y/n)..." Ginny said, her voice wanting to be scolding but sympathy overpowered that.

"Don't worry about it, Gin," (Y/n) assured, picking up her pace as they reached the Lovegoods.

"Oh, hello, (Y/n)," Luna greeted airly from her place on the floor. She was painting a birthday banner.

"Hi, Lu," (Y/n) said, skipping upstairs. Luna hummed, not making a big deal out of (Y/n) talking for the first time in weeks.

"She spoke," Luna said to Ginny and Molly, both of whom smiled.

"Guess so," Ginny said. 

"Where can I put the cakes?" Molly asked.

"Kitchen for now, please," Xenophilius said as he came back in from the backyard. Molly's eyes flickered around the very odd house, wondering where the kitchen was.

(Y/n) went back downstairs, her hair now styled with a simple pink headband. She had on a pink floral dress made of cotton over which she had an oversized pink cardigan that Cho had knitted as a present. (Y/n) fixed her two necklaces: one from Fleur Delacour and the other being from her mother that was originally gifted by her father.
(Y/n) nervously fiddled with the Ethiopian opal ring which had cultured pearls and gold detailing. The ring was one of the two from her deceased boyfriend. The only jewellery (Y/n) would always wear (minus her earrings and nose piercing) all had sentimental value to them.
Fleur's friendship locket, which matched Fleur's own necklace, was gifted in her third year with the promise of one day meeting each other— and they had finally met face-to-face less than a year ago— before then, they were pen pals. Her parents were no longer around and she just couldn't part with something that belonged to her mother. And the rings were from someone (Y/n) had lost far too soon and was still grieving over— such a sudden death.

"Wotcher, kid," greeted Nymphadora Tonks, a bright smile playing on their lips. Beside them was their girlfriend, Penny Haywood, a digital camera in her hands, while Tonks held two presents. "Doing all right?" (Y/n) nodded, clasping her hands together behind her back. Tonks and Penny beamed at her.

"I reckon they're waiting for you," Penny said, leaning back as she peered outside. "The Diggorys came, hm?" she teased. (Y/n) nodded again.

"What's with you—? What?" Tonks cried as Penny slapped their arm.