Chapter Twenty-Two.

"Double Defence Against the Dark Arts in the morning and double History of Magic in the afternoon," Cho groaned. "What a horrible start to the year."

"Not me," Padma grinned. "You guys stay safe, though." Cho stuck her tongue out before sighing depressively.

"I can't believe we have a Ministry official here," Cho said gloomily.

"Tell me about it," (Y/n) grumbled. "All because Fudge is too much of a coward to admit Dumbledore's right."

"About You-Know-Who being back?" Cho asked. (Y/n) nodded.

"My parents are torn," Padma said. "They saw both points when Parvati and I told them."

"My parents are with the Ministry," Cho said. "I'm worried I'll have to go against them if they don't open their eyes..."

"My godmothers are with Dumbledore," (Y/n) said. "Like, literally—" She looked all around. "Have you guys heard of the Order of the Phoenix?" Both girls shook their heads. "They're basically a special organization recruited specifically by Dumbledore or people that can be trusted enough to either give the Ministry false details to get them off Dumbledore."

"Neat," Cho whispered. "And your godmothers are a part of that?" (Y/n) nodded. "Wouldn't it be crazy if we did something like that?"

"I mean, we've got S.W.S., haven't we?" Padma whispered. "Why not use that as a chance to both prepare ourselves for what might come and to... You know, lead them off if need be."

"I think that's what we'll be doing this year," (Y/n) said. "We've got the reunion this year so we'll need to practice with our skills if we want to get people on campus right under Umbridge's nose."

"Oh, how exciting," Cho beamed. "Any ideas who you're going to bring into the society?"

"It's not up to me," (Y/n) said. "It's up to you guys to look around and decide." Padma and Cho looked at one another.

(Y/n) entered the Defense Against the Dark Arts room alone due to Cho going off to greet Harry properly this time. She glanced around the room, finding Umbridge in a pink fluffy cardigan and a black velvet bow standing in front of her desk and already staring at (Y/n). Removing her eyes from Umbridge, (Y/n) found that very few people had made it to N.E.W.T.-level classes. She assumed that it was due to Madeye Moody intimidating them all away from the class for next year. (Y/n) decided to sit relatively close to the front due to the majority of the students already doing the same. She set her bag in the seat beside her, saving it for Cho.

"Hey, sorry," Cho greeted, coming over to the table (Y/n) sat at. (Y/n) quickly moved her bag and set it down. Cho threw a subtle glance at Umbridge and then smirked at (Y/n), who suppressed a grin.

"Well, good morning!" Professor Umbridge said when finally the whole class was present.

A few people muttered, "Good afternoon," in a tired voice.

"Tut, tut," said Professor Umbridge. "That won't do, now, will it? I should like you, please, to reply 'Good morning, Professor Umbridge.' One more time, please. Good morning, class!"

"Good morning, Professor Umbridge!" the class chorused back to her.

"There, now," Professor Umbridge said sweetly. "That wasn't too difficult, was it? Wands away and quills out, please."
Many of the students exchanged gloomy and bewildered looks at the order of 'wands away.' Having their wands away entirely was unheard of in Defence Against the Dark Arts lessons. Regardless, the class placed their wands in their bags and pulled out variants of note-taking material. (Y/n) opened her leather-bound journal and pressed down on the crease to keep the journal open. When she looked up, Professor Umbridge was removing her own, unusually short, wand and had tapped the board with it. Words had appeared at once.