PAP49

PAP49

I know I'm living the ideal life most people dream to have.

I never denied my privilege. In fact, I was thankful for it. I can have everything I want; do everything I want in my own way. Living the most out of my life is just an inch far to reach—that's how everybody seems to describe it. And yes, I admit that on some parts, I have my life that easy, which I believe is also the edge where everything turned wrong.

There are only two ways people can see me. The first one is with too much expectation, while the other is simply just the opposite.

Though it's not surprising anymore to receive a high expectations from the people because of my name, I just find it very burdening sometimes. There's too much pressure in it. Everybody thinks that it's written on my fate to do well and excel because that's how they see my parents and my elder brothers. I hate to be compared. I hate to make my family the standard on how I shall handle things. But I cannot help it... because I'm stuck with the thought that I must live up to my name.

And if people don't think too highly of me, they must be looking at me with disapproval. There are also a lot who think too low of me and believe that I am just here because this is where my parents designated me to be. Like a big pushover.

Nothing in each way appears good to me. No one recognizes the real me. But it's not like I want to show it to them. I don't care, really... but it gets me sometimes and it makes me think... what could life be if I sacrifice a bit of that easy life I have, to exchange it with a little... ordinariness?

What could be the difference?

"Pitaka?" I repeated.

"Oo nga sabi!"

"Ano 'yon?" I asked.

It's a wallet, I know. They are asking for my wallet. Actually, it's not the first time this happened. It was more frequent than expected to the point that I learned how to be nonchalant about it already. But now, I just want to play dumb to keep it going and see where it will lead to.

Surely, this isn't anything ordinary. But, so, what?

They were so pissed at me because I can't understand what they are saying. Their knives remained pointed at me while demanding everything I have that can probably make them money.

Interestingly, I saw a girl passing very carefully behind the men in front of me. She's trying her best not to make any single noise. She's even biting her lips and maybe, if she could stop herself from breathing, she must have done it already, too.

I smirked while watching her. She looks funny. She could have just waited for this to be over. Why bother risk getting involved? But fine, it was also a quite bold move. Now... shall I see how far she could be bold?

"Hey, Miss. Ano ba 'yong pitaka?" tawag ko sa atensyon niya. I watched how she froze in a very weird posture like she's dramatically caught while escaping. Her eyes are the only part that's moving. The robbers turned in her direction.

At first, it was fun to watch her expressions when she got caught and the robbers held her, too. But it didn't last long. I realized that what I did was stupid. For my own fun, I pulled someone into my mess.

"Susi ng kotse mo!" One of the men demanded more.

I was just looking at the girl beside me. She looks so disheartened like the whole world just fell on her shoulder. Inalis ko ang tingin ko sa kanya. That's life. It can really happen sometimes, too. Why would she look like it's already over for her?

I gave my car away and watch the three of them go with everything that was stolen from me and from the girl. That's it. There goes the end of my fun.

I signaled my men who were watching in the distance to go after my car. They'll take care of it.