Epilogue

Note: Hello! We are now at the last chapter for Pearl and Petals and the end of the Legrand Heirs Series before we walk back time for the next. I wish you know how thankful I am for all your presence, especially for your patience in waiting for my updates. Thank you for being with me as I write.

More importantly, thank you for loving Rift, Io, Rion, Syn, Cell, and Free. I hope that they were able to send you comfort, motivation, and joy in these trying times. Stay safe and be healthy always! 

Enjoy reading!

xxx

PAP50

Epilogue

"It wasn't your business, Kill!"

"I said I'm sorry! I didn't mean it! It just slipped off my tongue and I cannot take it back anymore because Mama's already shooting me glares!"

I chuckled sarcastically at her, refusing to accept her excuses. "And?"

"Stop mocking me! Ikaw ba, Kuya! Can you lie to her when you know she caught you already? Use your brain!"

I sneered and raised my finger at her. "Don't you think you don't have any right to be sarcastic to me right now?"

"Because you keep on shouting at me!"

"Because I'm frustrated with you!"

She turned quiet and before she avoided my gaze, looking guilty. Sa kanya agad ako dumiretso pagkatapos akong iwan ni Free. I'm sure that she's the one who told our parents about it. Our parents would never have their own son investigated unless someone triggered it. It was also my advantage that I'm living in a separate home from everyone. They'll never know unless it would be coming from me... or from the only person in the family who knows the truth.

"We agreed on this, right? You promised me to keep your mouth shut and let me fix my issues on my own. I trusted you."

"It's not like I betrayed you..." she answered. When she turned to me, her eyes are full of mixed emotions. There was guilt in it. But like how I know her, she won't easily admit her fault—or even if she did, she'll keep on defending herself. "Kuya, it was not my intention—"

"If you couldn't keep it, you should have just forgotten about it."

"Will you stop being rude?" she asked. "Sorry na nga eh! Calm your ass down and let's talk properly! I'll help you explain—"

"No, thanks," I immediately turned her down. Her lips remained parted while looking at me.

"I came here not to ask for your help. I'm just here to say and show you that I'm disappointed so that you could know. You cannot be like this all the time, Kill. When you did something wrong, say sorry and lower yourself. Stop making excuses and try to learn. When you know that it's not your business, keep your hands to yourself and let people handle it on their own. Think more carefully... you're all grown up now."

Alam kong hindi naman kami nagkakalayo. Both of us have our own mistakes, and to be honest, I'm not sure if I also deserve to say those words to her. She had her own way of learning things like I did. But still, I'm so frustrated right now, and I can't just keep it all inside me.

"Wow..." she sneered. "Don't act as if you didn't make the first mistake."

I nodded. "I did. I disappointed you. That's why I'm trying to think of a way how I could fix that mistake so that there won't be more disappointment anymore. But I can't do that now, Kill. It's already done..."

Who wouldn't lose his mind for all these shits? My wife left me alone. She even left her wedding ring behind like she's trying to erase my connection to her. My parents are probably mad and disappointed in me already.