._journey_.

(Everyone say thank you to StormWritez for helping me with this chapter lore and helping me out of my writers block 😔)

It was time , I waited with ghostbur for the train. We waited and waited and waited.

"When will the train come?" I sniffle.

I had been crying for god knows how long because of the fact I will never see them again.. the people I love most.

"Be patient my love.. it takes a few hours.." He whispers cupping my face.

I leaned into his touch , smiling I look into his eyes. The strong urge to kiss him then and there.

(Is it just me who hates ghostbur because of how nice he is...? 🧍‍♂️)

-time skip-

It was here , the train had finally arrived. Holding ghostbur's hand I step inside with him. Smiling , we both sit down.

"All souls aboard please stay in your seats , mind the gap between the train and platform." A voice said through speakers.

It felt so weird and unrealistic.. leaning onto ghostbur's arm he blushes.

"How long will it take?" I ask.

"I don't remember , sorry love , I only went on the train twice." He says with a smile.

Nuzzling into his arm I beam. I had missed Ghostbur , I truly did but.. what about wilbur.. what about revivebur? I had finally started a family with him , he was finally showing me real love and affection-

"So how was Friend doing?" The ghost whispers.

"He was doing great last time I saw them." I reply.

(NOOO THE SONG SPACE SONG STARTED PLAYING)

"I'm glad.. I was so worried about him. I thought that something had happened to him." He whispers.

Sitting up I look at his face. His eyes were watering , tears were threatening to fall.

"Ghostbur..?" I cup his face.

He turns his head to me and forces a smile.

"Y-yes love?" He breathed in and out , almost quivering.

"Are you alright?" I say putting my hand on his.

He laughs through tears wiping them away.

"Ye-yes! I am absolutely fine love! Don't worry , this feeling I have is very mutual now..." He whispers , sniffling

He intertwines our hands.

"But.. C-could I just have a hug.. please?" He asks.

I signal a yes and smile. Hugging him I hide my face in his chest , he wrapped his arms around me. I could hear muffled sobs from above.

"Don't cry please.." I tightly hug him holding back my own tears.

It was so heart breaking to see and hear him cry. I had always seen Ghostbur happy and joyful , he was always trying his best to spread joy to others. Now the ghost was crying in my arms..

"Shhh." I hush him , rubbing circles on his back.

-time skip-

Hours had passed we had our small chats here and there but he was now leaning his head on my lap as I played with his fluffy grey locks of hair.
We were still on the train. Still..

"I love you so much." He said for the hundredth time. "Your my everything , my entire world..."

He was rambling on about things in his sleep as I played with his hair.

Many hours had passed , we had gone through many places but the thing is.. Ghostbur said we have to go to the main train station?

Wherever and however long that place was.. I wasn't going to give up. I wasn't.

-time skip-

Ghostbur was crying in my arms again. He couldn't 'control' his emotions but he doesn't understand that its normal! He has been through so much , no wonder he can't stop sobbing...

-time skip-

The train had stopped , leaning off the ghost's chest , I open my eyes , yawning. Sitting off of ghostbur's lap I stretch and rub my eyes.

"We have reached the final destination , mind the gap between the train and platform." The robotic voice said.

-small time skip-

We were now here. The main train station it was crowded and noisy , souls from around the lands were here. I knew none of them except a familiar looking goat.

"Schlatt!" Ghostbur chirped , floating to the goatman.

He was sat on the floor of the station , smoking.

"Oh hey toots , you died too huh?" Schlatt looked at me with an unsubtle smirk.

"Yeah.. alright ghost boy we should get going." I roll my eyes at the man of the floor.

"O-oh alright. See you later!" He smiled , holding my hand , we both walk to this reception sort of area.

"Oh wow.. this seems like something that would he in the overworld." I mumble to myself.

We both got in the queue waiting for our turn?

We were now at the front , a fox hybrid was sat in a chair smiling.

"And where is your destination for today ma'am?" His voice was surprisingly deep-

"I was hoping.. I could visit my mother..." I whisper with a teary smile.

"Oh how sweet mother and daughter reunion eh? Name?"

"O-oh its (y/n)."

"Last name?" He asks as he typed into this weird looking machine.

"(L/n)." I reply.

"Ah yes your mother is Rose (L/n)?"

"Her name is rose...? I- I had no idea.. sorry its just. I had to run away from my village and I-"

"I didn't ask for a back story honey , just go to terminal 2. Leave at the 3rd stop , you should find yourself at a daisy meadow." Using his hand to shoo me away.

-time skip-

We were now on the train.. I was actually going to see her.. see my mother. I wanted to cry my eyes out but there were other 'souls' on board. Not too many but I didn't want to cause a scene and cry..

"So love.. are you excited?" Ghostbur whispers with a grin.

I nod and smile.

"I am so so so so so happy you told me about this Ghostbur.. otherwise I would never have gotten this chance.."

He grins.

"I am so happy to see you happy! I love you so so so much and I am so glad you are now here with me now!" He tossed his arms in the air with a huge adorable grin.

"I love you too.."

-time skip-

We had waited for long hours..

"The 3rd destination will be in 2 hours , mind the gap between the train and the platform." The robotic voice says.

"Just 2 more hours.."

●○●○●○●○●○●○●○●○●○●○●○●○●○○
A/n:

Next chapter will be worth while! I may take a few days since I want it to be a great long 2000 or 3000 word special ending.

This book has come so far! Thank you all so much for the reads and support.

I have a discord server and the link is in my bio. If your not in it , I would love for you to join the community!

Once again thank you for the support! I would never of made it this far without you all :D

-------------
Word count: 1158