(24)

''Y/n, listen-''

''Dream, why didn't you let me kill Tubbo and everybody else?''

''Because Y/n, you would've had to deal with the consequences later on. You weren't sane in that moment, you drank too many potions all at one time.''

Y/n narrowed her eyes as she quickly stood up to face the masked man in full shining netherite armour opposite her.

''Don't speak to me about consequences, you can't even act as if you care Dream. You told me that nobody cares or loves for me. And you know what, you're right, nobody does. Not even Wilbur, Puffy or fucking Technoblade. I'm alone, that's the way its going to always be.'' 

Dream stared at her in shock and softened his gaze at the broken girl, he slowly walked towards her.

Y/n pulled out her axe and pressed the tip of it against his chest plate, stopping him from coming any closer. ''I was sane once, Dream. And you know what? I wish I still was.'' 

The girl's voice began to crack as she held back tears, Dream slowly pushed her axe down and quickly grabbed her into a tight hug.

Y/n stood speechless, unable to process her arch nemesis showing compassion towards her trauma.

The two didn't speak and the silence was comfortable, Y/n slowly eased into the hug but didn't hug the man back.

Suddenly the masked man heard muffles, he looked down at the girl who was crying hysterically into his chest.

He sighed and held onto her, Y/n immediately hugged him back as she cried. 

Dream felt pity for the girl, he never seen her show any sadness around anybody and she finally broke down after keeping everything inside of her.

''Shh..'' He attempted to calm down the girl as he stroked her head hesitantly. 

Dream looked around and watched the tnt cannon almost become empty and the entirety of L'Manburg be turned into nothing but a crater.

''You aren't safe here.'' He slowly picked up the girl bridal style as she leaned into his chest still sobbing.

Dream held onto her tightly as he enderpearled out of the grid and into the deep dark forest.

The masked man walked through the forest towards the castle, he looked down to see the h/c slowly fall asleep comfortably in his arms.

He chuckled slightly and made his way inside, he passed George who was sitting on the couch eating and stopped once he seen who was in his best friends arms.

''Y-Y/n?!'' The brunette with goggles quickly leapt up and ran over to the masked man with Y/n asleep.

''She's okay, just exhausted.''

''I wouldn't blame her, take care of her Dream, I mean it.'' 

Dream looked into his best friends eyes that was staring back at him sternly, he nodded as he made his towards the spare room.

''That room's taken by Karl!'' 

Dream scoffed as he walked towards the other room until George yelled over at him again.

''That room is under construction.''

The masked man got annoyed and turned around to look at the boy who continued to eat.

''Where am I going to put her then?''

''In my room, she trusts me more than you.''

Dream narrowed his eyes at the brunette and sneered at him. ''No, she'll stay in my room.''