Lego Hotel

Y/N POV 

"Can we talk?" I lean against the table and look at Scarlett. Rose is fast asleep with her headphones on and Scarlett looks up, surprised. 

"That sounds serious." She responds and shifts so she's looking up at me. 

"Do you think I haven't noticed?" I tilt my head to the side and she furrows her eyebrows together. 

"Noticed what...?" She asks slowly. 

"Noticed how you act around me. How I act around you. The cuddling, the touching, the tension, all of it." I stand up and stand in front of her. 

"I don't know what you're talking about." She lets out a nervous laugh and I sigh before crouching down in front of her. 

"Look. Feelings get messed up during a break up. And I can see how this situation is especially bad. But... I want to hear it from you. What's going through your head?" I place a hand on her knee and she looks away. 

"I don't understand what you're trying to say." She stands up, abruptly. 

I stand up slowly as well and take a deep breath, "I'm trying to say that I think you like me, Scar... And if that's the case... I like you too." 

She stares at me for a second and I hold my breath waiting for an answer. "What? How did we get here?" 

I close my eyes and pinch the bridge of my nose, "I... I thought. I don't know. Am I wrong, then?" 

"Yes! I thought we were friends. You were there for me and maybe I hugged you more then others but I thought that was the best way to thank you. There's nothing here, Y/N." She crosses her arms and I take a step back. 

"Oh..." I turn away and clench my jaw as I stare at the ground. 

"Maybe this trip wasn't a good idea." She adds and I feel tears prick in my eyes. 

"I don't want to ruin your vacation. I can go home once the plane lands." I run a hand through my hair and I hear her sigh. 

"How long have you felt this way?" Her voice is calmer now but she still sounds far away. 

"Awhile... I don't know when it started." I shrug and she sighs again. 

"Y/N... I don't want to ruin our friendship. But I don't... I can't... I'm straight... and everything is so complicated." She walks closer to me and places a hand on my shoulder as I keep looking at the ground.

"I understand." I mutter quietly and I wipe my eyes before turning to her. 

"No hard feelings?" She asks. 

"No hard feelings." I agree and I force a smile. "I'm gonna go to the bathroom." I excuse myself and walk down the aisle to the small bathroom at the back of the plane. Of course she didn't like me. Why did I have to tell her? Obviously she's straight. I've just ruined everything. I grip onto the edge of the sink and stare at myself in the mirror, trying to process what just happened. I should never had said anything. I've messed up. She's going to hate me now. Everything is going to be different. What do I do? I'm having a panic attack. Shit, why is my heart racing? I can't breathe. What's going on? I see myself fall in the mirror and there's a loud crashing sound as everything tumbles to the ground around me...

"Y/N!" Scarlett is shaking me and her eyes are wide with fear. "What the hell? Are you ok?" She cups my face in her hands and I take a deep breath, looking around. Rose was looking at me with wide eyes from the seat across from me. I wasn't in the bathroom... I was next to Scarlett... It was a dream. 

"Yeah... yeah I just... I just hate planes." I lean back and look up at the ceiling trying to catch my breath.

"Are you ok, Y/N?" Rose walks over and climbs onto my lap.