Hail

Y/N POV 

I had been sitting in the airport for a very long time. Their flight was supposed to land about half an hour ago but they had to have a layover due to weather. I had left to just drive around the area for a while but when it started to rain I headed back inside. Now I was back to just sitting and waiting. I had a bouquet of roses at my side and a box of chocolates which I may have eaten a few of... 

I jumped to my feet when Scarlett texted me they had just landed. I waited for a bit longer for them to get off the plane and get their bags but soon enough I saw the two of them heading my way. Rose saw me first because she dropped her bag onto the floor and sprinted over to me. Scarlett's head turned quickly to see where Rose went until she meet my eyes. She smiled at me before I looked down to be able to meet Rose's impact. 

I picked her up and spun her around a few times which made her laugh. "I'm back!" She cheers and I hug her. 

"It's been too long," I answer as I hold her closer to my chest. 

"I brought back a lot of toys I want you to meet." She says and I smile at her as she talks. "I missed you so much." 

"I missed you too," I answer as I lean down to place her onto her own feet. I hand her the chocolates and she jumps up and down a few times as she opens it and instantly eats a few pieces. 

The second Rose isn't standing in front of me Scarlett forces herself into my arms. I wrap my arms around her back as she sways slightly back and forth. "I missed you so fucking much." She whispers against my ear as she squeezes me tighter against her. 

"You're going to make me cry." I tease. 

"I'm already crying." She says against my ear and I pull back to look at her watery eyes. 

"Don't cry, love. It's ok." I let go of her so I can wipe at her cheeks. 

"I can't do that again." She sniffs and turns away to wipe at her eyes with her sleeves. 

"Are you ok, Mommy?" Rose asks. "Would a piece of chocolate make you feel better?" She holds out the box and Scarlett smiles. 

"I'm ok. Just happy to be home." Scarlett assures her as she takes a piece from the box. 

"I also got these for you." I pick up the flowers and hand them to her with a slight bow. "M'lady." 

"Thank you." She brings them close to her chest as she smiles at me. 

I pull one of the flowers out of the bouquet and I crouch down in front of Rose, "And one for you your highness." 

"It's so pretty!" She smells it for a few seconds before hugging me. "Carry me." She demands so I laugh as I wrap an arm around her. I grab her backpack and put it over my shoulder before grabbing one of the larger suitcases to roll behind me. 

"I can take one of those." Scar offers.

"You have one already. It's fine. I parked kind of far away." I warn but Scarlett shrugs. And of course, Rose doesn't care because she's not walking. "How was your flight?" 

"It was bumpy," Rose complains. 

"The landing was kind of rough. I thought they might cancel it altogether and we would be stuck on the other side of the ocean." Scarlett says and I nod as we step outside. The wind instantly rushes by and Rose tucks her head into the side of my neck. I quickly turn around and push Scarlett back inside the doors when I almost instantly get soaked. 

"I'll get the car and pull up here," I say as I place Rose down. She shivers a little bit and I rub her arms. "I didn't know it had gotten that bad." 

"Are you sure?" Scarlett asks as she peeks over my shoulder to look outside.